Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd check in. I've owned a bunch of bikes over the years. Mostly Hondas. They just seem to find me. ;) Bikes I've owned:
'75 XL 350 (kit bike)
'83 XR 500 (resurrected)
'84 Suzuki Savage
'84 Magna
'82 Virago (kit bike)
'92 Shadow
'84 GoldWing (newest acquisition)

I've been street riding for about 15 years. My favorite riding is bombing along logging roads on a dual sport. Most of my street riding is of the short duration variety; however, I hope to start taking longer excursions now that we are empty-nesting.

Picked up the '84 GoldWing on CL a week ago really cheap with 48K on her. The only things missing are the right dash cover and the tool kit. She sat out in the weather for quite a while and she shows it. Plastics are in good shape, but the paint is quite faded. Seat is a Corbin, but the vinyl is shot and will need a re-cover.

Got her started with minimal effort and she runs very well. Can't wait to finish the registration and stretch her out on the road. My youngest daughter and I will make this our summer project when she gets home from college in another week. Hopefully our efforts will culminate in a road trip either up the coast or into the Sierras toward the end of summer.

Glad to be a part of the forum, and I have already learned a whole bunch from y'all. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma :waving: Enjoy the wing :cheesygrin:

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts

Welcome:waving:adiochiro3

·
Premium Member
73,594 Posts
Hallo adiochiro3

Welcome on this nice forum. Wish you al the best.
And good luck with your Wing.

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

Hello from Virginia,

Welcome Aboard!!!!!

Glad to have you with us!

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

·
Premium Member
68,164 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome, everybody! My brief experience around here has been great! So many forums are riddled with blowhard know-it-alls who belittle folks and pick fights. Hardly any of that smack around here. Kudos and thanks for sharing the knowledge and passion for riding and GW's! Looks like I'm hooked on GWfacts and GW models...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.