Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my GL1800 in to a Honda Dealer for the Brake recall. The service writer called me and asked why my anti dive was disabled and why he was seeing so many 1800s with spacers, nickles,or washers in them. so i told him there is a problem with the anti dive it malfunctions and Blows the left fork seal, he said oh we do replace Alot of left fork seals. PLEASE RECALL THE DEFECTIVE ANTI DIVE!

·
Administrator
24,413 Posts
If they were to reply I would expect them to say it is a maintenance issue, even though there is no maintenance interval on the forks. A class action suit would have to be filed, and won for them to recall it.

·
Banned
4,568 Posts
I believe the NTSB has to receive enough reports of risk of serious injury or death before they can mandate a RECALL- thats who handles all those even though maker does the repairs- every VIN number has to get recorded as fixed to the government~

Anything less than severe situations: the maker does an extended warranty or `service bulletin`- so the shop will fix it for free IF you know the `special secret warranty` is in place. Some educating of service writers is often needed as they cannot be expected to keep up on every detail- especially when most of their work involves newer bikes.
10 years old is old to honda!

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
A given number of technical service bulletins has to be established before a service recall for repair or replacement can be ordered.

This is where Internet forums can be incredibly powerful.
This forum, and the other '1800 relevant' forums, should get a scripted thread started that includes digital signatures.

...force the TSB's.
...collect signatures.
...establish contact with a 'local to you' authorized dealership.
...demand corrective measures.
Find a pro-bono attorney through either your local ABATE or AMA chapter.

"We" are the power of available resources to fix the 1800 forks.

...my plate is full.
Surely someone has the time to start linking people together?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.