Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I deleted the belt buckle 3 days ago and uploaded a new pic. Why do I still have the belt buckle

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

Patrick, the rest of uscan see the new avatar ofthe good lady and yourself on the LTD. Therehave beensome posts about this in the past. Your browser cache needs to be flushed as it's still holding onto the old avatar on your PC. You need to purge the cache and temporary Internet files and you will be able to see the new avatar. Otherwise you might have to look at the old avatar for a few days or more, depending on how much space you have for the cache and how long it takes to fill.

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks Steve that never occurred to me and I am suppose to be a computer Wizard.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

So, do my caches need flushing, since I am still seeing the belt buckle?

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
So, do my caches need flushing, since I am still seeing the belt buckle?
Yes Pete. this is common enough with browsers. Everyone has their browsers set differently, so some will see the new avatar immediately and others have to wait. I use history killing programs to wipe my browser cache every time I switch off my PC, that way I don't leave passwords etc behind. The upside of this is that the cache has to be rebuilt from scratch every tiem I restart and then all the info I see on web pages, forums etc is up to the minute. The downside is thaqt pages might take a little bit longer to load because they don't have the cache to fall back on, but with DSL this is hardly a problem.

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

If you are on AOL then clearing the IE history is not enough you have to clear foot prints from with in AOL.

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
imported post

AOL uses footprints as a backup cache, probably similar to the way Windows XP uses index.dat. Some history eraser programs won't clear footprints from AOL, another good reason to ditch AOL.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

travelinmays wrote:
I deleted the belt buckle 3 days ago and uploaded a new pic. Why do I still have the belt buckle
It looks to me that he still has a belt buckle. In that pic of the ltd, his pants are still up....
:goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
imported post

OK, now for a question that shows my ignorance....

How do you empty the cache? I changed my avatar a few days ago, and it still looks the same to me. I changed my avatar at the same time on the other forums I visit, and all of them updated immediately. So, what do I have to do to empty my cache?

I've already discovered that shopping for chrome online empties my "cash", I mean "cache" in this case. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.