Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi, some of you probably know me already as that mad English granny in Cork that rides a beige GL1500 with a QM1 sidecar attached festooned with toy tiggers and a matching trailer full of dogs.

Some of you might even be wondering where I've been hiding…

Well, now you know - the twins and I came to Australia in February 2005 planning to stay for a couple of months whilst settling hubby into his six-months-to-one-year job in Adelaide only to find that, whlst the contract was short-term, the project was three years. So we stayed!

When the project finished, the recession was starting to bite in Europe and the only place hubby could get work in his field was Canberra so we are now here in the Capital City of Australia.

Our daughter and her other half, bless them, finished building our house and are now living there. They have kept our Wings alive (with major surgery!) and have been altogether the best people I could hope to be related to.

Shortly after arriving in Australia I got a job as a Postie; which, here, means delivering mail on a Honda CT110.

The not-so-good news is that I am no longer allowed to drive/ride for health reasons so I'm hoping my darling daughter will be happy to learn to drive a sidecar outfit…

I miss Ireland desperately, and have done so since leaving (which I didn't want to do).

Thanks to Brian for telling me that the wonderful Steve Saunders has started a message board, and thank you Steve for the site which is even better than I remembered!

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

Welcome to this Great Site!

Pull up a chair and join on in!

Ride Safe, Ray

:waving:

·
Premium Member
4,401 Posts
imported post

Welcome from South Carolina!

At least you can drink your troubles away, being stuck in Australia's wine country!:alco:

Hope you get to ride again soon!:action:

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
imported post

Welcome, look forward to your input.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
imported post

Hi welcome from central Tx. lots of good info. and people here hope you enjoy it as much as I do.:waving::action:

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Hi :waving::waving:Welcome from the Emerald Isle :leprechaun::leprechaun:and happy St Patricks day to ya :)

You are going to miss our big do in Gorey in Aug ,It is the GWOCI 25th anniversary treffen and there you are all the way out in AUSSIE LAND :)..Ciaran

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hi there Tigger,

This is not the normal "cut/paste" welcome to the site job.:D:dude:

This welcome is the real thing.

I'm really glad you found us and registered. I haven't been here myself long, but I can assure you that the craic is 90 (plus).....honest.

Must get back to school now:cheeky1::cheeky1:.......see you this evening (Irish time):)

Regards.......Skipper:leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
6,870 Posts
imported post

Welcome from the
Steve Saunder's GOLDWING FORUM

A Big Welcome FromTEXAS

·
Premium Member
20,586 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the Forum from Kansas!!! :waving:

I hope you find the Forum as informative and as much fun as we do!!:cooldevil:

Again, Welcome Aboard!!
:action:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Ahoy there Jackie, I've met you before elsewhere on this wide and wonderful web, but never got around to posting. As captainbrian47 said, this is a great site, even though I don't own a Wing....Yet !!!!....got a Suzuki (but don't tell anyone) ha ha. Also I don't get enough shore leave to go touring, I could be working 6 wks on, 6 wks off soon and an1800 could be on the cards. Skipper's got the best job....semi-retired landlubber. ha ha. I can only go on-line when broadband is accessible, which is not all that often, whereas Skipper has 24hr access. I think Skippers got a soft spot for you, so be careful, He's got a woman in every port he's called atover the last 40 years!!!!!! Jackie....I'm a great fan of Monty Python and, you know the song ?? "Always look on. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ." that's the spirit. Enjoy yourself on the fun forum.........I am.......best of luck.....Skippers Mate PS. I'm on the Skippers PC......but don't tell him:dude::cheeky1::dude::cheeky1::dude::cheeky1: I'll clean his "history" and that'll confuse him:dude::cheeky1::dude::cheeky1::dude::cheeky1: Last edited by Skippers Mateon mon 9th mar1877 :cheeky1::dude::cheeky1::dude::cheeky1::dude:

·
Premium Member
2,480 Posts
imported post

Hi....welcome from the Netherlands!!!:banana:

·
Pops
4,519 Posts
imported post

Hello and welcome from Arizona.

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

I wish you the best. Welcome from sunny Southern California, you have come to the right place.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

Thank you everybody for the welcome!

I have missed all my old friends from both GWOCI and GWRRA (where I was known as Irish Tigger) since coming to Australia, not to mention missing our Wings!

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

Captainbrian47 wrote:
Ahoy there Jackie, I've met you before elsewhere on this wide and wonderful web, but never got around to posting. As captainbrian47 said, this is a great site, even though I don't own a Wing....Yet !!!!....got a Suzuki (but don't tell anyone) ha ha.  Also I don't get enough shore leave to go touring, I could be working 6 wks on, 6 wks off soon and an 1800 could be on the cards.  Skipper's got the best job....semi-retired landlubber. ha ha.  I can only go on-line when broadband is accessible, which is not all that often, whereas Skipper has 24hr access. I think Skippers got a soft spot for you, so be careful, He's got a woman in every port he's called at over the last 40 years!!!!!! Jackie....I'm a great fan of Monty Python and, you know the song ?? "Always look on. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ." that's the spirit. Enjoy yourself on the fun forum.........I am.......best of luck.....Skippers Mate     PS. I'm on the Skippers PC......but don't tell him:dude::cheeky1::dude::cheeky1::dude::cheeky1: I'll clean his "history" and that'll confuse him:dude::cheeky1::dude::cheeky1::dude::cheeky1:   Last edited by Skippers Mateon mon 9th mar 1877    :cheeky1::dude::cheeky1::dude::cheeky1::dude:
Hey, nothing wrong with Suzukis! My first sidecar outfit was a Suzuki GS400 with a Watsonian Monza. Hubby is at the moment restoring a GSX400/425/450 (not sure which - I'll tidy this up when I find out!) which had been ill-treated by a previous owner.

If you get an 1800 I shall be seriously jealous! :whinger:

I had a lovely test-ride on one at the Kelso Treffen. Only about an hour, nowhere near long enough. I was hoping for longer; say, fifteen years or so!

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,152 Posts
imported post

Tigger,

Welcome to our site. It is now yours :)

A special Southwestern Howdy!!!
And welcome to our forum and now your forum.

Here’s wishing you a mighty fine day
and a grand Welcome from Arizona!

Glad to see you on the forum. Lots of friendly folks here to visit with and sure hope to see you come back often :)

And lots more too :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

Thanks, John!

Are you a fellow Wingless-Winger?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.