Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

This is my first post. My name is Mya and I am here as a favor to my husband, David, who is computer illiterate. Hopefully it is alright if I just post his first question in this welcome thread. He has a Goldwing 1100 that he is planning on fixing up. He bought it damaged. In order to get it operable, he needs to get some parts for it. I'm honestly not sure which ones. He wanted to know what all of you think about buying goldwing parts online. Has anyone done it? Is it a good idea? If you have any recommendations of advice please let me know! He wants to get the project started ASAP. Thanks from Mya and David.

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
imported post

first of all welcome

second of all you need to list the parts you need some of the members may have them and I can assure you that the members are all good peaple if I have something you need I will be in indy at the end of the month maybe I can help or bring something along

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
imported post

Welcome from Oklahoma :waving: Enjoy the wing :cheesygrin:

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

[align=center]

[/align]
[align=center]Welcome mya7[/align]

·
Premium Member
68,164 Posts
imported post

WELCOME:waving::waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
imported post

:waving::waving::waving::waving:Welcome from the west coast of Canada Vancouver Island

·
Premium Member
28,832 Posts
imported post

Welcome, WelcomeTo Steve Saunders Goldwing Forum.If you have any questions no matter how trivial they may seem this forum is the place to ask them. What I have noticed is that some of the people here were :15red:'sin their previous lives and can answer any question you have. Theforums that I get the most from are::

Goldwing Technical Forum

General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

These have the best info aboutGoldwing’s and are where you ask questions and can get help..

For Sale/Wanted ForumGood stuff for Sale or if you have old parts sitting around the garage you would like to get rid of....

:18red::15red::12red::11red:

And when all you need is a good laugh to start your day try the:: Fun Forum After that it’s up to you which of the others you will like the best all I can do is suggest.

Again Welcome to the Forum...

Oh and did I mention everyone here loves pictures.. Show us some of yours... Even if it’s not a Goldwing just a pretty view

·
Premium Member
4,573 Posts
imported post

Hello and welcome to the forum :waving:

Now pull up a chair and make yourself at home :cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
20,585 Posts
imported post

:?

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
imported post

Hi Mya,
The best place to post a question of this type is in the technical forum. Most of the people that have a lot of technical knowledge don't hang out in this forum. There's no rules about it or anything like that, it's just that you won't get the exposure you want to your question.

That being said, my thoughts are that you can get a ton of good parts on line. If you are looking for new parts there are online dealers and they can supply the same stuff that the Honda shop dealers can. Prices are good, usually a little bit cheaper than the dealers, but not always. But you lose out on getting the dealer support that goes with being able to talk with a knowledgable person across the counter. On the other hand, the dealerships themselves vary greatly from location to location. I have a really good dealer near me so I prefer to buy from them when I can. So in my case I buy more from the dealer and just some online. But other people have expressed the opposite, they really don't like their dealers so they buy more online and less from the dealer.
If you are looking for used parts, places like e-bay are really good sources. I have bought a lot of parts on e-bay. But you have to be really careful what you buy there. Some parts are fantastic deals, some are good fair deals, some are not so well represented and some are downright misrepresented. There are a lot of parts from "bike breakers" they buy wrecked or other bikes that aren't repairable and break them down for parts. These bulk dealers are not always experts in the bikes they breakdown and sometimes mis identify or mis-describe a part. Most are honest and will make it right, but still it's worth being careful. For example I bought some brake rotors and they were described as having 6.5-6.7mm thickness (7mm is new). But when I got them they only had 5.9mm at the thinest part and 6.0 is the minimum that would pass inspection. My inspector said he would never pass them. So the person that posted them clearly didn't measure them, but only "estimated". They refunded my purchase price, but not the shipping cost, which really ticked me off.
So you can get some really good deals, and you can get taken as well. In some cases though, e-bay is just about the only option.
I hope this advice helps.
:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

Hello from Virginia,

Welcome Aboard!!!!!

Glad to have you with us!

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

·
Premium Member
5,223 Posts
imported post

[align=center]:santawaving:Welcome to the greatest forum on the net:santawaving:

:santahat:Welcome from a fellow "HOOSIER":santahat:[/align]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.