Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heya all...Im from Perth in Western Australia. Just about to pick up my 1100 tomorrow..so exciting. I had a 76 wing when I was 17(Im 52 now)...many years ago now. Ive had numerous other bikes..and aussie v8 muscle cars over my time. But growing up in Christchurch New Zealand, I loved motorcycles. And I blame my dear old dad may rest in peace, for this love.
When I was 9 years old my dad took me past our honda shop and in the window was a 79 GL1000. i fell in love that day...moving on a few years where I was living with my dad in a little town on the west coast of the south island. His friends were all motorcyclists. the 1st big bike i ever got on was a yellow gl1000 that my dads mate had..Karl took me for a spin down to the hot bread shop(was the thing to do on a sunday back then) and he took off over an intersection and I nearly fell off the back....never forgotten it. Karl ended up selling that wing, Bought a GS1100G which is pretty much what I started to learn riding big bikes on. He sold that and along the way he ended up with a 76 GL1000, candy apple red. My Mum helped me buy it off him....here commences my love of motorcycles.
I ended up selling my wing for god knows what or why...I also bought a GS1100G brand new for a while...sold that got into cars..and family.
In 1994 I moved from New Zealand to Perth western Australia and been here ever since...married and divorced..then remarried to the woman that saved me from a self destructive path. When I got divorced from my 1st marriage I celebrated by buying myself another bike...01 CBR1100XX blackbird...still got it...its taken my wife and myself to the Isle of Man, scotland and many other memorable adventures.I still have my blackbird..its parked in my lounge room with all my Isle of Man stuff. I wont part with it..I also at one point had a Honda CBX6..but my ex wife made me sell it.
moving to current time..ive had a strong desire to revisit my love of a goldwing. Found one locally. I wouldve liked a 76 model but hey, im happy with an 81 1100. Its been sitting for nearly 15 years and the engine hasnt turned in that time so much love and care is needed. It has 39000kms on the clock and going by the engine paint and other wear marks...its original.
Anyways...thats my speil...thanks for having me...look forward to your advice, tips tricks etc

Greg

Attachments

·
Administrator
24,661 Posts
:welc: Thanks for the great intro.

·
Premium Member
59,733 Posts
Hallo gc33

Welcome on this nice forum. Wish you al the best.
And good luck with your Wing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts