Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum, new to Goldwings. My GF and I have been looking for a bike we can enjoy together (I have a Yamaha FZ1...not much of a 2 up ride LOL). Found a 1984 Aspencade with 59,000 miles on auction and got it for $500.... We know it was running in 2014, but no history after that.

Long list of things to check, drain, replace, etc... before we crank it. Fortunately she is cool with me pulling it into the basement (garage not heated, and as of today we have 4" of snow on the ground and not going to see temps above freezing for a long time). So I will be lurking, probably asking some dumb questions, and wrenching on the new lady in my life. With a little luck she will be running before the spring thaw!

·
Administrator
21,981 Posts

·
Premium Member
60,366 Posts
Hallo joebunda90

Welcome on this nice forum. Wish you al the best.
And good luck with your Wing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:welc:
He put a lot of money into it and now can't get anything near that amount out, so spend sparingly and don't use aftermarket parts. I know that sounds like an oxymoron, but, it's not.

Yup...went in to it expecting to spend on the refurb. I am the current caretaker of my Dad's 73 MGB. He did a full off restoration, all new stainless fasteners, blower, cam, headers, and lots more. I had the pleasure of working next to him when my schedule allowed. And yeah...no way we could EVER get anywhere close to what he spent on it, but it is one the most fun vehicles I have ever driven! When keeping old vehicles running you have to enjoy restoring a well made piece of engineering more than having a fat bank account. LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts