Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My name is Randy, I am from Kent Washington.

Tonight I am getting a goldwing, My neighbor has had it in his garage for around 9 months now and wants his space back, so he is selling it to me.

From what he is telling me , its a GL-1500 but we will see tonigh. It runs and has new tires. I will be going thru the carburetors to remove all the gunk buildup from over the years and doing a tuneup and oil change ASAP.

I would believe it to be a 1200 but he say's its a 1500. As for year he says 85 but they didnt make one yet in 85.

I will post a link to photos later tonight upon recieving it. Its going to be a fun project like my MOSSBEATER is, Its a KZ550 Gpz which was given to me for a project as well.

Heres a link to the MOSSBEATER.

http://home.comcast.net/~rsbiedler/MOSSBEATER.Html

Randy.

Are we allowed to post photos here or just link to them from another site?

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Hello Randy and welcome to the best GOLDWING site on the net:waving: ,,while you are welcome to put on the links to you pics ,Can they be pics of your goldwing ,,I am sure there are sites for Kawasaki ,but we try and keep this site for wings only ,,

If the wing you are buying is 1985 ,Then is is not a 1500 ,,they came out in 1988,,But if you need any advice etc on the wing feel free to post your questions in the technical section of the forum ..cheers Ciaran:waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Will only post regarding the Wing, I promise.

But in my signature There is a link to my homepage (which will also include my Wing tonight) .

I just cant believe he is letting it go for $200 ! MY GAIN :D!

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Yes ,that sure is a cheap bike ,,may you have many happy hours restoring it ,,dont forget to let us see it as you receive it ..cheers Ciaran:waving::waving:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey ran429, :waving:Your very welcome to the top nest, and visit often. :clapper:Good luck with your new :15white:eek:r whatever wing it is, :baffled:but it soundsvery cheap even if it's a 1200. :stumped: The only information allowed on this site must beGoldwing related. :weightlifter: I post a lot of rubbish myself, but no one takes much heed of me or the post. :crying:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

No worries, I post all my rubbish in my own web forum.

I will be asking many questions while working on the bike, But not until after a thorough search of the site.

It's going to be fun working on this big bike. Though repainting it from WHITE is going to be a chore in itself having all these many thousands of body pieces to work with.

Having a brother that paints cars comercially for local mercedes and Bmw lots (in tacoma) FREE PAINT shooting 4 me.

This is going to be my 3'rd bike now and I am stoked for the neighbor to get home.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Well, rain on my parade.

I ge to wait again until another day, My Bank sucks !

Really sucks having a clean credit card with no charges and it wont work !

Post back when I settle this with the Bank tomorrow.

RAndy.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

Randy, did I understand you, you are getting a white 1985 wing for $200.00?

Want to immediately make a considerable profit?

·
Banned
596 Posts
imported post

GOOD BUY! Its a GL1200. The Fairing is worth more than that. Never mind the rats nest of problems youre gonna find underneath, but even if the engines junk, its still a decent buy.

Yeah, lots of good advice here, just watch out for Vic, hes got his Physics messed up, but hes a fairly good wrench!

PS If you dont want it, Ill give you $201.00 and fly out next week to pick it up.:action:

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

Fine, please keep me in mind if you decide to sell. I am ready to make a serious offer, considerably more than $201.00!!!

Dave 201?????!!
LOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

this thing is a seriour runner, It just has old gas in it. Nothing my handy Butt cant handle!

Some new gas, plugs, oil & filter. It will be good as new!

Has new tires he says too, He just spent a big chunk of cange on getting it a few months ago. All he wants is space for his Shadow (Honda Davidson) Motorcycle and all his Plumbing tools.

My $200 will get him his new battery he needs I am thinking. And a few tanks of gogo juice.

He Just Gave it to me for $150 !

Its a GL-1000 .

Pictures in a little bit ! Its in my yard !

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
imported post

The suspense is killing me!

And I thought I had a good deal at $500.00.

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
imported post

We gonna cruise Randy!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.