Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I took apart my hi-lo beam switch assembly today after purchasing a new halogen bulb as I thought the hi beam on the old one was shot....once I fiddled with the switch inside I was able to get the lo-beam to work while holding in my hand and not re-mounted on handlebar. The blue inidcator bulb still didn't come on so not sure if bulb indicator is blown or switch assembly is screwed and not making contact when in hi mode. When I went to remount after cleaning all contacts yada yada the bulb would immediately go out whenever the 2 screws used to hold lower and upper part of switch housing were reinstalled? Go figure....no idea why this happened...when I take the screws out and hold switch in hand and gimmy with it the headlight comes back on....am not an electrician and hate to pay $$$ for such a simple??? problem. Any advice here will be greatly appreciated. Have a shop appt on Thursday pm. Can I just purchase the upper section of the hi-low beam section or do I need both parts? The horn etc still works fine. It's an 83 gl1000 interstate. Hope someone can help. Thanx

·
Administrator
27,750 Posts
imported post

The switch assembly comes as one piece, if you can get it new. Maybe with some more tinkering you can get it to work but I wouldn't trust it if you can't get it to work reliably.
You might ask in the for sale/wanted forum or look on ebay.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

Thanx bud...I checked the forum u suggested but no luck....seems strange that I can't just pick up the top cover plate that contains the switch instead of having to change the whole assembly ie horn etc,,,wonder how much that will cost for two pieces of molded plastic? Will check e-bay too. Thanx again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.