Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi all

My name is Allan from Wales in UK. Just about to buy GL1000 looking to learn what to look for before buying. Did own GL1100 years ago. Told the one I am looking at is import from canada. Is 1978 mod with clocks on tank has top half fairing panniers and box. When I buy will let you know how it goes although it does have problem statrting and sounds if timing is slightly out.

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

Welcome to this Great Site!

Pull up a chair and join on in!

Ride Safe, Ray

:waving:

Please put you location in your profile when you get the chance so that others may know where your from:action:

·
Premium Member
20,585 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the Forum from Kansas!!! :waving:

I hope you find the Forum as informative and as much fun as we do!!:cooldevil:

Again, Welcome Aboard!!
:action:

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
imported post

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

Hello from Virginia,

Welcome Aboard!!!!!

Glad to have you with us!

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

·
Premium Member
6,870 Posts
imported post

Welcome from the
Steve Saunder's GOLDWING FORUM

A Big Welcome FromTEXAS

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
imported post

Welcome taffallan check out the buyers guide section for some tips. Have fun and do your research.:waving:

·
Premium Member
2,480 Posts
imported post

Hi....welcome from the Netherlands!!!:banana:

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Thanks everybody for making me so welcome.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
imported post

Hello and welcome from central Tx. lots of great info. and people hope you enjoy as much as I:waving::action:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

A big warm welcome taffallan, good to have you on the site. :waving:

The KZ model you are looking to buy are a goodlooking solid bike, and that one sounds like it is pretty sorted ready for touring, what with the half fairing and boxes.

A couple of things worth checking out to get you going......

Find out when the timing belts were changed and if no definative answer, then get them done anyway. Not that there is a history of them breaking, jsut that if one does the results are catastrophic on a Wing engine.

Check the left side removeable frame section, below the engine for any serious rust as they are prone to rotting if not looked after.

Same goes for the centre stand, check that it moves freely up and down and that again there is no rot around the mounting points.

The bonus with the older model Wings is that most everything is visable, so you should be able to give it a throrough checking over.

See if the tool roll is present, not a big deal but if it is present, a) you won't have to buy one and b) I tend to think that itis a sign that previous owners weren't negligent. I think on the KZ it would be located in the faux tank centre tray, in front of the filler cap for the fuel.

Keep us informed of how the purchace goes and maybe we will see you in North Wales for the Mini Meet & Greet and even in Scotland for the main Meet & Greet at the end of April, begining of May. ( details of both in the events forum):):)

Enjoy the site and please visit often.

:waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
imported post

Welcome from VA, stay around awhile, look, learn and enjoy.:waving::waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

From this side of the pond. Welcome from sunny Southern California, you have come to the right place.

·
Premium Member
5,223 Posts
imported post

Welcome, taffallan,From Fort Wayne, IN
:1000red: :12blue:

THE HOOSIER STATE

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

again thanks all, now bought the bike will be putting pics up and will probably have a few more questions.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Looking forward to seeing them in the gallery Taffallan!! :clapper::clapper:

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

Hi Silver fox

Got the bike I have put some pics on my gallery perhaps you can have a look and answer any questions you can on the tech forum. I have noticed most of the goodies are from the states anywhere in UK we can get spares bits etc?

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

David Silvers.

Wemoto

Ebay

All good sources for the "older Woman" in your life.:waving:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

I have posted some replies to your pictures in the gallery. :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.