Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:waving:I am a newbie here so please bear with me. I saw a video on youtube showing how to change the rear tire on my 91 Goldwing Aspencade by semi disconnecting the rear bags and lifting them up and out of the way to get to the rear wheel. I followed the instructions but did not realize the two upper bolts were not supposed to be completely removed...but just loosened up so the bags could swivel. When I removed the two bolts the bags dropped down onto tthe mufflers about seven inches or so.

I used my hydraulic engine lift to get them back up and replaced the bolts. After changing the rear tire and putting everything back together, I tried to crank it but nothing happened. I had no ignition, tailights, or signal lights. The radio and horn still worked but nothing else. I had no problems whatsoever before.

I started to trace the wiring harness to see if anything got unplugged when the rear bags fell. Lo and behold a black box on the left hand side was open and the wiring was unplugged. I plugged this back up and now my taillights, signal lights and starter will now work.

The problem I have now is when I turn on the ignition some of my dash lights will only stay on for a few seconds and then go out. When they are on the the starter will work, but as soon as they go out the starter does not work. I can not find any more unplugged wires. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Should have taken it to the dealer!!!!

Please Help!

·
Premium Member
12,869 Posts
Hello and Welcome to the forum family . No need to take it to a dealer , its a learning eperience . I prefer to remove the bags on my bike . I can not offer what needs to be loooked after to get the bike back running . I can only think of the angle/bank sensor .
Perhaps a moderator will come along soon and move this to the Technical Forum where you have more exposure to the minds of the GURUs .
I hope you soon have a solution and get back to enjoying your bike .

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts

Welcome:waving:District419
Most new members don't realize that the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forum is much like an extended family and as such we like to get together on various occassions to renew old friendships and make new ones. For example, each year we put together a huge celebration called the North American Steve Saunders International Rally (NASSIR). Unfortunately you've just missed NASSIR 6 in Simcoe, Ontario however there is plenty of time to plan on attending NASSIR 7 which is being held in Fontana Dam, NC on July 8-10, 2014. If you want additional information please follow this lnk and it well take you to a dedicated information page for the event! Welcome aboard!!!

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/13-nassir-meet-n-greet-forum/444833-nassir-7-information.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.