Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

In my quest for the best headlight bulbs for my 98SE I think I've come to the conclusion that the following are all neck and neck as far as a halogen replacement.

The Sylvania Silverstar ULTRAs or the OsramNight Breakers.

But I've also toyed with an HID upgrade and there are kits on ebay that range from $20 to $200 bucks, some with new lens some without, some compact ballast some not. Can anyone help sort, or provide a few important factors to look for?

There are a few kits on ebay that advertise Bosch & Panosonic componets and a 2 year warranty on the bulbs and ballast and they say that the kits are assebled in the USA.

Thanks to all.

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
imported post

I'd sure like some feedback on a HID conversion too. Same as Nosvet I'm hesitant to spend the money without some reviews from Goldwing riders as to how well the kits worked.

·
Administrator
27,776 Posts
imported post

I bought my kit off ebay for about $60 with free shipping. It is from Taiwan or somewhere. They work great so far, I have used them for 5 of 6 months and 12 to 14,000 miles. I wish I had gone for the compact electronic ballasts for space reasons and they interfere with radio reception, the electronic ones are not supposed to do that. I was just experimenting to see if they were much brighter and they certainly are, WOW. I figured it was not much of a loss if they didn't do what they claimed. It is easy to go back to the stock bulbs if they go out. If they do go bad I'll get a better set.

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
imported post

i am using a 50/55W kit in 5000k with slim ballasts from exebrite, performance is awesome,worth the money i spent although they (exebrite) are more expensive then the competition but they have a lifteime warranty on parts and there cutsomer service is outstanding,less than 2 hours for a question to be answered usually
if anybody wants further info i can pm you my number and we can discuss it,about to put another set on my 86 SEI since the 87 is like daylight and moonlight

this is a picture from five feet or less on my garage door,i used to think my driving lights were pretty good

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

im using a 35 Watt xenon kit on my 1200. running full size ballast.

well all i can tell you is: stay away from the cheapest kits, buy the mid range you can find.. lets say 120 bucks a set of two bulbs/ballast this will insure a little more of quality. the ballast. as smaller as better. will work the same. just will be easier to fit..

Colors.. well i highly recommend you the 6000k and lower colors... 8000k and above look nice, but the output is not as clear to see at night as the 6000k which is pure white. great for rain driving.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.