Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Just completed a 47 miles run in the dark and I was not impressed with the headlights on my 1993 GL1500. I have already fitted some "ultras" but was still disappointed with the result. I know that the later GL1500 have a different headlight unit and wondered whether this would be an improvement ? However, I am tempted by a HID conversion and would like to know if anyone has fitted them to a GL1500 of similar spec to mine please ? And if so which is the best to buy, how difficult a job is it and was it worth the time, effort and cost please ?

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

Im unfamiliar with the 1500 lights... but i've read that the regular H4 bulbs will fit 88 to 97 1500s so you will have no problems. if you have installed a lter model headlight assembly (98-00) you need to fit an adapter that can be purchased here: http://www.cyclemaxohio.com/inc/sdetail/6959
Using that adapter you could install regular H4 Bi-xenon (high/low beam) bulbs.

Try to find a slim ballast kit to make it easier to hide inside the fairing.

i suggest you the 4300k-5000k xenon color for more light, higher rates are showoff only, better than halogen though but if you want to get the best light stay away from them.

btw, on the 1500 will be a little harder than my 1200 if you have compressor and cb installed, but once you have the kit installed you wont regret.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

They do generate RF and electrical noise so expect that in exchange.

Also the stock reflectors are not correct for HID replacement so bear in mind that may cause you some grief in specific areas and countries.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.