Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

has anyone installed a xenon kit on there wing ? if so , how much work does it involve and where did you purchace the kit ?

was out driving the other day , had a bike come up behind me and all i can say is wow ! there is no way you cant noitice this .very sharp blue colour !

stopped at a rest stop and talked to the guy driving the bike , he said it was already installed when he bought the bike .(honda cbf1000 ) i think .

this got me to thinking , were allways trying to be seen in trafic , this would certanly help .

·
Premium Member
1,169 Posts
imported post

:waving:

I put Bi-Xenon on my 79 GW-1000 with Vetter Fairing.

Love the light, I can really see at night!!!!

The 1500 install would be a lot different.

The power draw is a lot less with more light, not bad...

Note: the Bi-Xenon has a selinoid to move the arc for low and high beam setting.

I got mine on E-Bay, good deal.

·
Administrator
26,577 Posts
imported post

I have them in my 1800, whole new world of light. Can't say how much work it would be on a 1500 but should be doable. Ebay is where I got mine.

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
imported post

I Put some HID lights on my GL1500 and it was not bad, the kit came with some stuff to mount it. Just peel off the plastic on the mounting pads and stick to the inside of your fairing next to the openings where your headlights go. I also used a switch that I supplied to turn them on and off independent of the key switch. Then run the light bulb wiring harness to the headlight area and plugged them in. I did have to put an extension on the wire to the positive side of the battery(was short). Get the low profile power packs, they will fit better in the fairing. I have had them for about a 1 1/2 years and no problems. I do carry the old bulbs in my tool kit just in case but never had to put them back in. I really like them and when adjusted right they do not bother other drivers. I`ll add that you would not need the high beam version of the HID lights, it is over kill and I never use the high beam with these lights. Here is where I got my kit.
http://shop.hidcountry.com.:jumper:

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
imported post

Saywen

These guys have a special kit just for the GL-1500 (and the GL1800). It is plug and play and takes a little more than hour to convert over.

http://www.goldwinghids.com/#!products

Be fore-warned; if the police man does not likeyour setuphe can make your life poorer.

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
imported post

Here is what i bought off of ebay back in March:

H4 Xenon HID Bulb HONDA GL GL1200 GL1500 1800 GOLD WING

These are just bulbs no kit involved, others have stated that they are not true HID headlights and if that is the case so be it. But they have improved my visibility 100%, and they work very well. They are 5000K white bulbs. I have them adjusted properly so i have not had anyone flash their lights at me yet, and have met lots of LEO's at night with no issues. I put these in back in march, have used them for over 8000 miles so far with no issues, and had headlight assembly out yesterday for other reasons and checked for any heat related issues and such, there were none.

I should also mention that i had a buddy ride the bike towards me so i could see what lights looked like. No blue coloring noticable at night at all..thanks John for reminding me about that. If u look very close at daytime u can see a little blue tint to the sides (a reflection is best way to describe it) At night you cannot see it at all. For those of you going to ES7 you will be able to see it and verify this....

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,205 Posts
imported post

PLease, please, do NOT get the Blue Lights.

They are very hard on the eyes of oncoming drivers, and do not help your visibility down the road 1 bit.

Stay with 5800* white lights.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

I went a tad easier and installed a "SilverStar" bulb in place of the stock H4. For a simple blub change, it sure made a difference. About $21 at my local AutoZone.

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
imported post

rgbeard wrote:
I went a tad easier and installed a "SilverStar" bulb in place of the stock H4. For a simple blub change, it sure made a difference. About $21 at my local AutoZone.
I agree with rgbeard... I did the same and what a differnce.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.