Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 89 1500 with later model headlight and I installed an HID kit today. It was a 6000k kit with HID for low beam and Halogen for the high beams. I lowered the headlight adjustment as low as it will go and so far i havent had anybody flash their brights at me. I was wondering if i should have removed the center pieces from the housing before installing the bulbs. I know a few people on here has converted over to hid's. What did yall do?

·
Premium Member
2,656 Posts
I did not remove them from mine when I installed HID lights on my 1800 the other day. They are super bright and I didn't adjust my height either but I may bc I did get flashed a few times already.

·
Premium Member
2,656 Posts
Without a doubt! I can't believe how much better I can see now. I have only had about 4 hours of night time riding in the past week since I installed them but so far so good.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
I put the HID's on my 94 1500. I didn't even have to lower the angle of the beams, they where perfect. You don't have to remove anything but theo old bulbs.

Ride safe,
Rich

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies, So far I like them. One thing I noticed about the halogen high-beams is that they are not that bright. The bulbs are side by side instead of over and under. When I turn my lights on bright it shines to the right a little more instead up high.

·
Administrator
27,903 Posts
Are you sure you got them installed them correctly? The high beam bulb should be below the low beam.

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are you sure you got them installed them correctly? The high beam bulb should be below the low beam.
Thats what I thought too but the tabs will only let them go in one way.

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is the kit I bought, [ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00COORCTM/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=automotive[/ame]
I got it because it was cheap enough so if I didn't like it then I'm not out too much money. So far I like it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.