Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have about 6,000 miles on my HID's. A Low-beam conversion I bought from Ebay. Headlight adjustment on my 2006 GL1800 is as set at lowest point on the dial by your left knee.

Approaching traffic never complains about lights, meaning I do not get "flashed".

However, about 1 in 8 trucks complains (flashes me) when I overtake him to his left. In general I am accommodating to trucks. I know they are working and I am playing.

Anyone else have this issue with HIDs? Should I be concerned?

I drive mostly on multi-lane, limited-access, highways and after about 21:00 and until about 02:00 it is mostly me and the trucks. After 02:00 and until dawn it is mostly me and the deer.

I love the HIDs, much more light.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a lot of experience riding on multi-lane, limited-access highways; truckers are not signaling it is safe. Truckers turn lights off-then-on to signal, they do not flash brights. They are doing what they think they can to make me uncomfortable as they don't like my light. I stopped accommodating them as a result. In the past I would always block the lane if they were signaling, stay well off their tail if one was going 1-meter-per-hour faster than another trying to pass, etc., no more. Now I give the maximum light and the same attitude they give me.

I don't need a manufacture to "prove" HIDs are better as I have eyes and these eyes can detect the difference in lighting. That argument is just plain silly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.