Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi Having just purchased and am now the very proud owner of one 1982 1100 GL

Interstate I am a little curious about the handlebars. I expected them to be high bars

yet my bike has I would call them Half rise bars 31" accross with about 4" lift from the
bar clamps. I am not sure the cables would reach the high bars.

Any comments on this would be appreciated.

Inteleman

:11black:
I think I am cracking up !! I put 1992 in the Topic field it is deffinatlya 1982.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Inteleman wrote:
Hi Having just purchased and am now the very proud owner of one 1982 1100 GL Interstate I am a little curious about the handlebars. I expected them to be high bars
Sounds like you haveOEM bars on the bike.

:clapper:Congratulations on the new acquisition!:clapper:

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
imported post

. and WeLCOME  to the best Wing  board  in the universe /forums/images/emoticons/extrasmilies2/band.gif... /forums/images/emoticons/extrasmilies2/hallo.gif/forums/images/emoticons/extrasmilies2/band.gif SilverDave /forums/images/emoticons/emoticonsxtra/cooldj.gif

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
imported post

That sounds about right. I don't think higher bars suit the 1100, I've seen a couple done like this and they looked terrible and also made the rider lean back too far.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
imported post

WELCOME!!!:byebye:

Unless you just want high-rise bars, the OEM bars are about the appropriate height. Your hands should rest at a height around your chest, with a slight bend in your arms. If they seem to be too far forward, you can install bar-backs. They set your bars back about 1 1/2". I put a set on both mine & Susan's bikes. They made quite the difference!:D

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Hi and thanks you all for the input.

I will stick with the std bars as they are in very good condition.

I should have took notice of the sticker in the center giving the front shocker Air

pressure setting 14-21 psi this must be a give away that they wer the original

fitment.

Thanks again

Inteleman

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.