Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I cleaned the carbs recently and now get a stutter. When I synced the carbs I got about a 35 on them. From what I hear that is about 20 to much. What are some numbers I should be looking for. I am about to adjust and fuel air mix if I can find a long enough screwdriver. THanks

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
imported post

You are not really looking for vacuum pressure as much as you are looking for equality between carbs.
It may be possible to get a high vacuum on one guage which will mean that the intake next to it will be on the low side. Adjusting the synch will equal them out.

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
imported post

muaymendez1 wrote:
You are not really looking for vacuum pressure as much as you are looking for equality between carbs.
It may be possible to get a high vacuum on one guage which will mean that the intake next to it will be on the low side. Adjusting the synch will equal them out.
Thats right. Have a look at the article on carb balancing here;

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/1500balancecarbs.htm

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
imported post

Isn't there a relationship between the atmospheric pressure of the day and the maximum vacuum reading that you can see?.....a vacuum is the absence of atmopheric pressure, if the atmospheric pressure in 29.5....isn't that the max reading on a vacuum gauge?....just asking....a 35 probably can't be reached....

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

OOPs I was looking at the outer number on the gauge and not the inner number. It was about 15 so I think I was just gettting ahead of myself. Thanks for all the help

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Ain't a one of us that hasn't had a cockpit problem from time to time.:cooldevil:Glad you found the cause without taking a lot of stuff apart... I've suckered that way a few times.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.