Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

:hallo:merry xmas to you all, yes we are neally there, the silly season is apon us...

I had the pleasure last month on going for a great trip north from Perth to Port Dension, I notice with a few of our member they had highway pegs attached to the crash bar.
So I have decided to purchase a set. Now starts the problem, I have a gl1500 1988 model with factory fitted crash bars.
I do like these highway pegs noted below with the led ligths, but they are for year 98-2000

Kuryakyn LED or Non-LED Highwayboards 98-00 GL1500

can anyone tell me if they have fitted these boards to a 88, if not can anyone tell me a model of highway peg that will.

I have sent serveral email to Kuryakyn for information but no answer yet.
I do wish to purchase them this weekend so that they might be here before xmas so that I can fit them over the holidays

I like to wish everyone a great xmas and a great new year.
Tugwilson:santawaving:

·
751 Posts
imported post

Tug If the price is the thing that you don`t want you may want to go on our forum here & check-out Member for sale or Amazon .com or e-bay as I understand you want to know will those hyway foot rests fit on a 1988 you may do this anyway if the retailer won`t contact you all so you may want to go into a Dealership in your neck of the woods & find out if they have some tucked away back when they were still selling the gl1500`s as I my 1500 in 03 I picked up alot of close-out bike stuff from a dealership here my 2 cents worth !

·
Premium Member
3,318 Posts
imported post

I looked at the link you gave for the Kuryakyn footboards and according to one of the reviewers on that link they will fit the earlier models. Here is a quote from that reviewer.

Quote: "A very nice addition to all the Kuryakyn parts you already have. The lighted is the way to go.

If you have a bike earlier than the 98 like me, don't worry they will fit just fine. remove the black metal piece (off the clamp) that would normally rest against the valve cover. Once you tighten the clamp down, its not going anywhere.

Be sure to get some extra wire for each side as it is a little short to run into the bike and wire in. " End quote

So that reviewer has them on an earlier model and says they work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.