Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Am doing some pre planning for next year's rides.............anyone know if Highway 138 on the North Shore of the St. Lawrence in Quebec is paved all the way to Natashquan now?

Is it a decent ride?

Anybody done the Relais-Nordic coastal freighter/ferry north of Natashquan to/from Labrador?

Hoping someone has some experience in the area!

Cheers!

T.

·
Friend of Bill W.
1,930 Posts
imported post

tnoort wrote:
Am doing some pre planning for next year's rides.............anyone know if Highway 138 on the North Shore of the St. Lawrence in Quebec is paved all the way to Natashquan now?
Brain Fart....

Dusty has the answer below.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Larry, ... the 4 Corners Ride doesn't go anywhere near where T is asking about. :D

Supposedly, it's paved all the way, but I have no 1st hand knowledge. The ride along 138 is supposedly fabulous.

Looks possible to take steamers/ferries all the way to Newfie, if that's your 'goal'.

Looks like you have a lot of research ahead of you.

You could pose the question to the Inmates, over atADV Riders

I am heading towards that area myself this year. Not sure of my route at this point, but this will be part of it. - http://g.co/maps/cfj3h

Dusty

·
Friend of Bill W.
1,930 Posts
imported post

I am sorry for the misinformation. Thank you Dusty for setting the world straight on this and being who you are.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

:laughing: No worries, Larry! :needahug:

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thanks Dusty! Was waiting for you to chime in.............and not worry Larry, I figured out the 4 corners thing - was down that way this year.

My current research indicates that it is paved to Natashquan and that Relais-Nordic runs a coastal freighter up/down the coast to Blanc Sablon at the Labrador/Quebec border once a week (on Thursdays?). Takes 1 1/2 days or so for the trip. You can, apparently, load a car or your motorcycle on a container but space is very limited and reservations recommended. Cost seems quite reasonable in my opinion. I am inclined, if the stars align, to not make a reservation and take my chances just a week or two prior to potentially doing the trip.

From there you can catch a ferry which takes about an hour and a half to cross to Newfoundland.

Anyhow, just in the research phase and am thinking of late May or early June - gotta research the weather. Would be reasonable long trip from out here, but am retired/unemployed now and my wife would like to get me out of the house for a while!

Cheers!

T.

·
Friend of Bill W.
1,930 Posts
imported post

Well..... I will hijack this thread with a shameless plug for my trip from Seattle to N. Orleans and other points of interest.

Back to regular programming!

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

WHAT............a hijacking! And ya just couldn't get farther south from Quebec/Labrador than THAT and remain in North America!

T.

larryinseattle wrote:
Well..... I will hijack this thread with a shameless plug for my trip from Seattle to N. Orleans and other points of interest.

·
Friend of Bill W.
1,930 Posts
imported post

tnoort wrote:
WHAT............a hijacking! And ya just couldn't get farther south from Quebec/Labrador than THAT and remain in North America!

T.

larryinseattle wrote:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.