Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

looking at highway boards from 1500 will they fit my 87 1200a? they are the type that clamp in between eng. guards. thanks

Moved it for you, thanks for heads up...

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
imported post

thanks john for moving.:action::waving:

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
imported post

These are what fit my 1500:

http://www.chromeworld.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=127&categoryID=71

I'm guessing the tube diameter of GW engine guards has probably remained the same since their inception, so if you've got clearance between the cylinder head/valve cover and the guards, can't see any reason why these wouldn't work. Then again, Kuryakyn is awfully proud of their prices...:(

At any rate, my .02

Good luck:leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

those are very nice though slightly more than WAY out of my budget:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:. i'm looking at marklands that clamp between upper and lower eng bars. my bars have 4.5-4.6" inside:waving: thanks for your reply

'

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
imported post

The bars on my guards are 1 inch across, as long as yours are similar size I don't see why you couldn't use them.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

what about inside, between top and bottom bars:waving: thanks

·
Just one of the guys
4,830 Posts
imported post

I just measured the distance between the bars on the engine guards from my 1500. The space between the bars is four and three quarters inches.

I also looked at boards that are listed for 1500's and no where did I see it mentioned that they would also fit a 1200 so I doubt they would work for you.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
imported post

I would like to add highway kuryakyn highway boards like the ones in your picture, on my 96 aspencade. my engine guards are longer and flair outward, I was told I could replace with later year guard such as yours. Has anyone done that? Put guard from latter 90's Gl1500 on earlier year such as my 1996 Aspencade?

what year is your gl1500?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
imported post

I am trying to get my engine guard/highway boards to look like the post by fenry in this thread a few posts earlier

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

They will fit. - http://www.cyclemaxohio.com/inc/sdetail/32005

This is how my bike looked when I bought her(1992(Aspencade)

and with the newer style engine guards on her ....

easy, straight forward, bolt on

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
imported post

dusty, thanks for info, exactly what i needed, complete with a link...
john

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.