Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone use highway pegs and if so what brand do you use and are they a peg or a board? thanks

·
Premium Member
67,635 Posts
Wouldn't leave home without them.. They hook up the crash bars of my 06.. I'd have to stop more often if I couldn't stretch out my legs............

·
Registered
126 Posts
I haven't been riding long and just started using my pegs. I didn't like them at first, they made me feel like I had to hold my feet on them but after a little adjustment to angle them in some, they seem a little better. Still have my eye on some highway boards though.

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
I think mine are Kuriakyn (sp?)
They're so wide on the 'Wing that I don't use them too much...seem to cause some hip joint discomfort. More often than not I just use one at a time to give the legs a rest now an then on a longer ride. Nice to have 'em though.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
I have the Ergo II set up from Kuryakyn. http://www.kuryakyn.com/Product-Gallery.aspx?FileName=4056-1.jpg. I really like them. It is very nice to be able to put your feet up on a long ride if for no other reason other than just to readjust yourself.
People used to complain about Kury rusting but I have 14000 miles on my Kury gear. Rode in some nasty weather. My chrome is bright and shiny. I dont spend much time cleaning the bike just wipe it down once in a while and dont ride on salted roads in thw winter.

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
Hwy pegs are pretty important to me. For them to be comfortable, I had to removed the lower fairing trim which stuck out way too far for a comfortable ride. Being able to change positions is a big deal!

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
My GL1500 came with the Markland highway boards when I bought it. At first I thought I was going to remove them, but after using them a few times, I have changed my mind. They're great for riding long distances. I've never tried highway pegs, but I'm pretty sure the boards would be more comfortable. At least for me.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
I've had rider's pegs on the last three 'Wings and wouldn't want to make a long ride without them. It helps me a lot to be able to straighten out my legs now and then, especially when on the slab. The ones I like best are the new Kuryaykn ERGOII with 6" arms. I prefer pegs over boards. I can put my feet on the pegs or hook my boot heels over the top of the pegs.

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
I think mine are Kuriakyn (sp?)
They're so wide on the 'Wing that I don't use them too much...seem to cause some hip joint discomfort. More often than not I just use one at a time to give the legs a rest now an then on a longer ride. Nice to have 'em though.
I also have Kurys' and do the exact same thing. When I try to put both feet up at the same time, I can imagine what a woman feels like getting in the stirrups at the doctor's office. :shock:

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,275 Posts
I think I need a set. I had an old set but because of clearance between the crash bar and valve cover I could not get them adjusted right. I want to be able to extend my hip/leg as that is my main issue-the hip joint.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
I use Kuryakin Pegs tried a few types but these are the best - cost a few bucks tho..

·
Premium Member
1985 GL1200 A
953 Posts
My '85 Aspy came with highway "plates" (about 6" long and 5" wide with a textured rubber surface) connected to the front of the crash bars, fully adjustable and a real leg-saver once out of traffic. Also helps keep "things" cool to get your legs up and out.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
I have the Kuryakyn Ergo II setup, with all the parts you can get for it. I have boards, pegs, adapters, 2" bars, 4" bars and 6" bars. I thought I would never get it set up so I could use it. I never did with the boards. Then I tried the pegs with the 4" bars and the adapter, and got it right. I probably have $500 into experimenting with it, but it is good to go now. Anybody need spare parts ? :ROFL:

·
Premium Member
2,656 Posts
I wouldn't ride a bike for long without a set of highway pegs.

Mine has Kury boards mounted on the engine guard.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Question on the Kury Ergo IIs. Is there any danger of scraping them when leaning in corners?

I'm 6ft tall with a 32-34" inseam. Would the mini arms or the 6" arms be better for me?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Question on the Kury Ergo IIs. Is there any danger of scraping them when leaning in corners?

I'm 6ft tall with a 32-34" inseam. Would the mini arms or the 6" arms be better for me?

Thanks!
I am 6' with and have no trouble in turns. I don't have them mounted lower than foot pegs. They are just further out from the pegs allowing me to stretch out. They are actually not too hard to adjust so you can change them around till you get them the way you like them.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Looks like yours are cranked up a bit higher than mine and mine don't scrape either, the rider's peg hits first.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Does anyone have the SwingWing pegs on their Goldwing? I am thinking of adding these to my 05. They look like they would be very comfortable for long rides. Any input would be appreciated.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.