Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My pegs are in deplorable condition with the chrome bubbling. The pieces where you rest your foot are in very good condition. I have bought them separately from the pegs after I lost one of them.

I tried to have the rest re chromed but the cost is prohibiting.
I have found these stainless parts made in china. It looks like they fit.
If they last me 5-6 years Im good with that. Your thoughts pls
( I dont like Mikopegs)

·
Administrator
24,486 Posts
If you don't like MicOpegs you tried the wrong ones.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I just bought a gl1500 lcd screen from china, works perfectly & half the price of the option, there is a lot of goldwing parts on aliexpress especially for the gl1800, i suspect a lot is getting made in china & imported to the states then a massive price hike, i did hear that some of your top brands are buying from there & reselling & that was from someone in the trade, cant confirm its true but its obvious realy. I hear more guys in the UK are buying chrome from there & have no complaints about quality.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I bought a set from Cyclemax last year. The chrome look's like it's 10 yrs. old and pitting, same with a set of levers that I bought 3 years ago from Ebay. None of the after market chrome holds up very well. My Bike stays covered most of the time and keep clean. It is stored out of the weather. The cheap chrome is cheeeeeeeeeeeap.

·
Premium Member
12,692 Posts
I just bought a gl1500 lcd screen from china, works perfectly & half the price of the option, there is a lot of goldwing parts on aliexpress especially for the gl1800, i suspect a lot is getting made in china & imported to the states then a massive price hike, i did hear that some of your top brands are buying from there & reselling & that was from someone in the trade, cant confirm its true but its obvious realy. I hear more guys in the UK are buying chrome from there & have no complaints about quality.
I would not be suprised that Chinese chrome is better than ours. They don't have the EPA telling them what chemicals and process they can/can't use.

·
Premium Member
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have received them today. They are too heavy to be aluminum and the magnet dont stick to them. So maybe they are what the Chinese say: stainless.
Looks and feels like a good,quality product. Tomorrow Ill put them on

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts