Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Does anyone have instructions or can give me instructions on installing a hitch doc hitch on my 95 gl1500 se. I have never installed a hitch and would appreciate some help before I try and get aggravated. I got the hitch off ebay an have no instructions. This is a picture of the hitch.

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

I"m thinking if you hold the hitch under your bike you'll find the bolts through the bottom of the side bags should match the brackets. The front of the hitch arms should fasten to the guards under the rear bags. :?

Hitch Doc

Good luck. :action::action:

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
imported post

Sticks wrote:
Does anyone have instructions or can give me instructions on installing a hitch doc hitch on my 95 gl1500 se. I have never installed a hitch and would appreciate some help before I try and get aggravated. I got the hitch off ebay an have no instructions. This is a picture of the hitch.
> I have a similar hitch (different brand), so can Guess how yours works:

-It's missing 4each U-shaped bolts (1/4" dia)... eg Each of the Plates, 4places, has a U-bolt that goes through it, capturing the adjacent frame on the bike.
-I'm unclear on the front portion, yet it sure seems to be missing what on my model is another Bracket, to attach to the rear of the U-shaped crash guards... Dunno how you can make up for that.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

I have the U bolts and other parts ina bag that came with it. I just was't sure if it connected to the frame or somewhere else. Thank you so much for the information.

May you be in heaven 30 minutes before the devil knows you're dead.

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
imported post

I have instructions for "A" hitch mounting to a 1500. It looks very simular to your pic. I'm a trucker & am at work now, but tomorrow I can scan them & e-mail them to you. PM me with your e-mail address....-Rich

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.