Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I finally got out to see if the skirt lights are gonna be in the way of a trailer hitch (I think it is) and remembered I had a large set of air horns mounted under the right saddlebag. If I could see where this hitch goes I can estimate how much i'm gonna have to modify. Oh yeah its a 96 1500se

I also was looking at it wnd wondered if I could make up a small hitch of my own with maybe 1" square stock and mount it in only 4 spots I can get to easily. All I want to do is put a cooler rack about 12"x20" on it to carry maybe 30 or 40 lb's of luggage. Anyone ever done this?

Al

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I wonder how similar the 1200 and 1500 are under there. Man those are some nice pics. I am surprised at how little tongue weight it holds, 50lbs. I think that would put a short hitch just for a cooler carrying 30 to 35 out of the question. Thanks though. I gotta take some pics of mine and compare the two. I think them friggin massive air horn are gonna screw me up though. I have no problem changing them out, I don't like the delay as they build up air when you push the horn button. I have a set of Freeway Blasters that I thought were actuall twice as loud as these. Thanks. Al

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.