Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Has anyone have a plan on how to make a home made hitch for a 1100 Wing as I do know how to weld but it would be nice if someone had a layout a pattern that I could copy.

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

You may want to send a PM to keithg64. I think he has done something similar.

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Spider007 wrote:
Has anyone have a plan on how to make a home made hitch for a 1100 Wing as I do know how to weld but it would be nice if someone had a layout a pattern that I could copy.
FYI, this has been brought up before, things to think about are should it be welded, remember you have to get the rear tire off, will the receiver be in the way? Most importantly, I think, check with your insurance company and make sure they will cover it. You don't want to be left between a rock and a hard spot, if ever something happened.

Found some spelling errors again,:doh:had to come back and fix them

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,198 Posts
imported post

SpiderBob wrote:
Found some spelling errors again,:doh:had to come back and fix them
What?? I thought I had fixed that keyboard :D

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Wow your right, it's the keyboard, I feel better already.:cool::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
imported post

Spider007 wrote:
Hi, I took the bumper off and made a cardboard cutout the way I like it, attached to abolt holejust below the passenger foot pegs for the front and a aluminum mount that I made to mount to the saddle bag bars in the rear. Bar is 3/4 diameter solid steel bent to the cardboard cutout, I bent the steel by heating it with a propane torch. Hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.