Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi hobie 1, My 77 the wiper doesn't seem to work, I was wondering how do the dip sticks install, Very interested Please let me know, $20 you can't go wrong, and it's chrome,

I like shinny things

Thanks

Brandon

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
imported post

Brandon,

I'm notHobie, butI've installed a dip stick on both Susan's & My gl1000. Easy, & convenient. It beats standing on your head trying to see the site glass:doh:.

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
imported post

I put one on my 80 gl1100 .It just replaces the drain plug. Realy simple and the way to go.

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
imported post

Yeah, what they said.:clapper:

Just don't over tighten the nut that has a compression fitting inside and that seals the dipstick tube. I had to bend the tube just a bit so that the tube wasn't putting any side to side pressure on the fitting but it wasn't a big deal to do.

Regards,

Hobie

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks guys I'll get one ordered

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
imported post

Been looking for one of them myself for my wing.. where yea finding one for 20 bucks.. i would be interested in one for that price..

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
imported post

J C Whitney sells the dipstick kits, good investment. As the othere said, you have to adjust it a bit. Doug, '81 Wing/Watsonian sidecar

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

dougbo wrote:
J C Whitney sells the dipstick kits, good investment. As the othere said, you have to adjust it a bit. Doug, '81 Wing/Watsonian sidecar
:waving::waving:Welcome to the best Goldwing Site on the Internet Doug!:waving::waving:

Just noticed this was your first post!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.