Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

this is my first time to post on any blog I'm not good with computers so excuse the things i do wrong.
I just bought a 89 wing (great bike) The question i have is on the fairing right side by the the windshield adjustment lever is a square hole about one inch. The owner did not know what is was for he bought the bike used anybody know what goes there.

Attachments

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
imported post

On the SE models, that is where the knob to control the foot warmers goes.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

That is normally not opened up. Someone cut that box out to install something. Honda molded the spot in for a second knob like your left side has for the headlight adjusters.
I believe it adjusts the heat vents on some of the later models.
I stuck my headlight modulator sensor there on mine.
Get a digital voltmeter that fits there for it. Some guys mount a cigarette lighter there as well.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

I thought it was not normal I have both the service manual and owners manual neither mention this. I thought maybe a cap went there i could replace

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
imported post

My '91 Interstate has a rubber cap covering the hole. You should be able to get it through Honda or just try different rubber stoppers.

Pat

·
Pwhoever
3,161 Posts
imported post

Yup, rubber cap covers it on all models except the SE. It's a great location to add an auxilliary power ports there to make the hole useful. You just have to open it up a little more with something like a dremel so a power port will fit. If you are looking at just replacing the plug, it's part #10 I believe and can be had for a couple bucks.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

I all ready have a power port in each pocket and a double port in the trunk I will look for a plug just to make it look right but thanks to all it just looked strange and the guy who sold me the bike had no clue. This is my first bike in 30 years my last one was a hardtail this is so much better.

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
imported post

Part # is 64236-MG9-770

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the best Goldwing site on the internet. You did fine for a newbyposting the pictureand finding the answer to your question. There is more Goldwing knowledge here than anywhere else.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
imported post

See if you know someone with access to electrical stuff at there job. I used to use these but where I work does now does not have them. Will have to drill square hole to a round hole. Grainger sells these.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.