Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Lois and I thought we have earned a little R and R so we are leaving Friday morning for a weekend on the Blueridge Parkway. We will be at the Little Switzerland Inn this Friday. It is 30 miles North of Ashville. A great place to stay, with wonderful views of the mountains and a fantastic seafood and prime rib buffet on Friday night. Saturday evening we hope to stay at Pisgah Inn South of Ashville if they have a cancellation and we can get a room. I hope everyone has a great and safe weekend!

Bernie

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Live it up and watch out for the drinkers.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Dang, I love prime rib and the wife loves sea food. I'm meeting up with RayandTracey on Friday at Maggie Valley or I'd run up there to join you for dinner.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

Thanks Rudy. We will be off the road by sundown and let the crazies have the road.

Bagmaster, just bring your friends with you and have dinner with us!

Bernie

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Dubswing wrote:
Thanks Rudy. We will be off the road by sundown and let the crazies have the road.

Bagmaster, just bring your friends with you and have dinner with us!

Bernie
Would love to but I think by the time they drive down from PA they will be a little saddle sore when they get to Maggie Valley!

We might be able to meet up with ya on Saturday though.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

As soon as I find out about where we will be Saturday I will let you know!

Bernie

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Man!! I just checked the prices for all the menu items at that Inn and boy are they pricey!! Too rich for my wallet!

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

Lois and I save up for this trip every year. They are pricey but the food really is very good. We don't do any long trips anymore so we do splurge on this weekend on the BRP. We will be in a '92 polo green Corvette. Wave if you happen to see us. Lois can't ride the bike so we drive the car. Have a good, safe holiday weekend!

Bernie

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

There's a place I love for it's prime rib. It's on Lake Lanier near Tryon, NC, right on the state line. It's Called the Tea Room and you have to call for a reservation. It has an outdoor patio with a view straight down the middle of the lake and is very beautiful at night when a full moon comes up over the south end of the lake. It's also one of those once a year kind of places for us. It's only open on the weekends.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
imported post

I have heard of it Bagmaster. And will have to check it out later.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

With all taking this route, I have just got to get there sooner than later. Would love to ride it.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

My wife and I stayed at Little Switzerland once and had to laugh because the meal was twice the price of the lodging at the biker cabins.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

http://greenville.metromix.com/restaurants/bar/lake-lanier-tea-house-landrum/698833/content

Lake Lanier Tea House
The Tea House overlooking Lake Lanier in northern Greenville County offers fine dining away from the bustle of downtown. It’s settled with a perfect view of the lake, with plenty of outdoor seating to take in the view. The restaurant has a lot of history. It originally opened in 1925, but it has recently come under new management when the original owner passed away. During cold weather, large fireplaces keep the dining room cozy, but the large windows keep the view of the lake in sight. Some of the top selling dishes include the rack of lamb and Alaskan halibut, but they offer specials nightly. Insiders know to keep a lookout for the former owner’s dog, who still lives up the street from the restaurant and often pays diners a visit on the outside patio.

The Basics Hours: 5 - 10 p.m. Wednesday - Saturday, 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.

Sunday Cuisine: American and Steaks Meals Served: Sunday Brunch, Dessert, and Dinner

Price Range: $$$ ($16-$25)

Reservations: Accepted Dress Code: Business Casual

Alcohol: Full Bar

Smoking: Outdoors Only

Features Atmosphere and Personality: Area Classic, Cozy, Quiet, and Romantic

Noise Level: Quiet

Features: Mountain View, Scenic View, Water View, Historic Landmark, and Online Menu

Specialties: Rack of Lamb, Alaskan Halibut, Creme Brulee trio, Omelets, Eggs, Salad, Lobster

Payment Methods: Cash, Debit Cards, and Major Credit Cards

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
imported post

Bagmaster,

We are going to visit Lake Lanier during our visit to the BRP. Prices sound comparable to Little Switzerland and Pisgah Inn. And I managed to get reservation at Pisgah too.

Bernie

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.