Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Just one of the guys
4,776 Posts
I will post now to NOT watch for me to get home safe for a while. Instead you can follow the "To NASSIR and beyond" thread in Misc. I plan to update it daily until we get back home.

·
Administrator
57,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Home safe and sound:

Chuck/Dodge is now fueling up his truck and going to Ft. Smith to stay the night there.

The power is out downtown and he can't stay around Tulsa in the hotels.

he wants to go further than just Owasso, so Ft. Smith is his next stop.
2 hrs and 5 minutes the way he drives :rofl:

Enjoyed my N9 fellowship to the limit, thank you one and all.

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
Hi everyone, made it to the International Music Camp around 5pm, good drive except for a couple of dippy broads on US2 who wanted to play pass and slow down. I wish I could have found a state trooper!

It was a great week, but all good things come to an end.

Cheers English Bob

·
Administrator
24,510 Posts
Here I am, home safe & sound. 3000+ miles, haven't checked it yet. Got home to no electricity, bad storms came through yesterday. Got the generator fired up after some work so I can at least have some lights and AC and keep the fridge cold.

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
I made it to Motel 62 in Eureka Springs about 8pm. Showered & relaxing now. Site inspection in the morning for ES12 then the final leg home!

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
Finally made it home around 9:30 PM after getting caught in Tulsa after dropping John off. Had a great time meeting new friends and seeing old ones. Auction was too funny! Gonna sleep in tomorrow I hope. Glad ya made it Andy.

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
I made it home about 1:30 this afternoon. Had a wonderful time! Saw some beautiful country, saw old friends & met some new ones! I'm figuring around 3000 miles total but don't know for sure as I hit the trip b button by mistake.

·
Administrator
24,510 Posts
I'm figuring around 3000 miles total but don't know for sure as I hit the trip b button by mistake.
Me too but I remembered how many miles were on it, I had 3216.

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
Then I should be just under 3K. You did have a bit more to drive than I.

·
Administrator
24,510 Posts
Then I should be just under 3K. You did have a bit more to drive than I.
And something else we didn't get pictures of. :ROFL:
But I bet I used less gas. :grin3:

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
"Wayne" & Helen made it home last night. Decided not to spend a night with vicious winds and rain in Fargo. Had so much fun in Sioux Falls we spent an extra day and went to the Jazz/Blues fest.
Had pecans, maple syrup with ice cream for a night snack. Mmmmm, worth every penny. If only I could get the image of Green Dragon prancing around with my maple syrup out of my head! Flyone better watch out, I think I saw an heir apparent. 😯

·
Administrator
57,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I had 3300 plus on the Dodge. Of course that Tulsa experience added some extra miles and time.
Chuck, would it have been better to go thru Claremore and 88 East then to 412 instead of going down thru the Tulsa route?

Mardonna told me after we got home that things were bad in that direction.

but, you and I had not been following the news very much...

I saw they had "some storms" but without reading up on it a lot, had no idea it would impact travel thru there.

·
Premium Member
3,608 Posts
The Snore's along with coffee pot and ladybug arrived in Rapid City about 1:30 Friday. We have been through Custer's State Park.....twice, Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse Memorial, rode through the Badlands National Park to and from Wall, SD. We've ridden so much that SD can't get the roads paved fast enough....oh it did happen....we have video. It was great seeing everyone again and meeting those whom we had not met. We plan to be here until Friday and mosey our way home via visiting with Digger and The Boss.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.