Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Administrator
57,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
The Snore's along with coffee pot and ladybug arrived in Rapid City about 1:30 Friday. We have been through Custer's State Park.....twice, Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse Memorial, rode through the Badlands National Park to and from Wall, SD. We've ridden so much that SD can't get the roads paved fast enough....oh it did happen....we have video. It was great seeing everyone again and meeting those whom we had not met. We plan to be here until Friday and mosey our way home via visiting with Digger and The Boss.

Great, I really enjoyed visiting with ya'll again. and looking forward to me getting down into your country again next year returning home from NASR10.

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
Goldwings 4 Ever and the Mrs. home safe and sound.

·
Best looking member
3,106 Posts
Got home about 3:30 this afternoon safe and sound. 21 days on the road 6245Km. (about 4000 miles)
Again would like to thank Bob and Anita for helping make what would have been a long hot road trip into an amazing adventure.
Was great to see those who chose to show up despite the bad karma that was in place. And helped make it a great time.
Was a lot of fun watching Snorebaby tucking his bike into bed each night, my bike was soooo jealous.

And of course on our last night on the way home (last night) I forgot my cell phone in the hotel room. They are Fed Xing it up to me.

·
Premium Member
3,607 Posts
Snorebaby and I arrived home safely around 10 PM last night. We enjoyed visiting all that attended N9. Now to recuperate from our travels.

·
Just one of the guys
4,774 Posts
Got home today. States traveled; NY, PA, OH, IN, IL, IA, SD, MN, WY, MT, ID, NV, CA, AZ, NM, CO, KS, then back through IL, IN, OH, PA, NY. 6484.8 on the truck pulling the toy hauler and I think it was about 1000 on the trike.

Very good trip overall. I am glad we saw the things we did but I will not miss the deserts of ID, NV and AZ. Pretty tough country to like for this fella.

Colorado....ahh Colorado, you have stolen my heart. I could live in those foothills and take my day trips into her mountains and enjoy myself immensely. Monarch pass, Wolf Creek Pass, Million Dollar Highway, Ouray, Telluride, Black canyon of the Gunnison, Pike's Peak, Garden of the Gods, All are marvelous places. I have yet to see Aspen, Rocky Mountain National Park, Glenwood Springs and several other places but from what I have seen so far, Me heart and soul would be satisfied with Colorado.

·
Premium Member
12,685 Posts
Glad to hear your home safe and had a wonderful trip .
Sure am sorry we missed NASSIR II in Montrose . I definitely have to get Mrs Ona out to CO. as well as see more of my self. The parts I have seen were great to visit . Now if someone would just build me a small home/shop out there on our desert acreage.....

·
Administrator
57,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Doug,
I used to live in Dumas, TX and Stinnett, TX and Albuquerque, NM and Phoenix, AZ.

I have traveled all over those places you mention both on vacations and on business.

I never, ever, got tired of seeing the colors of NW New Mexico change from dawn to dark. It is a country that you have to learn to love.... the first time visitor is just appalled with the heat and "the sameness" of it....

but, it is not "all the same", there are changes to be seen with every mile you travel. You missed some great Native American museums in the northwestern parts of New Mexico. The only way you would have found them was to have traveled the dirty brown roads on the Reservations.....

I have spent many an hour walking through those museums, and learning of the Anasazi Indians that used to live there. Fantastic people, but they just disappeared all at once "seemingly" and we don't know where they went to.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.