Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello

I hve a 1995 Honda Goldwing 1500SE with a problem with the saddlebag lights. There is an "INVERTER" that is mounted on the lower back of the right saddlebag that supplies power to the "electroluminscent" light assembly on the saddlebag. This is detailed in the Electrical Troubleshooting Manual. I have power coming into this "inverter" but not out to the individual saddlebag light assemblies. I have tried to locate this part at the local Honda dealership, but with no luck. It is shown on the electrical schematic as an optional item.

I wonder if anyone has knowledge of this part and if it is available somewhere? I will really appreciate any help to resolve this issue. i havse taken some pictures of this part and it's location on the bike, but hae not figured out how to add them to this note.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
imported post

Just click the "Attachment-Choose File" tab at the bottom of where you make your post and upload the picture. I've only been here 5 minutes and figgered that out. ;)

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

Just a tip, if you are loading pic's shrink them to approx 600x400

·
Premium Member
2,824 Posts
imported post

C-GVPE load any info or specs that you have, inverters are DC to AC devices and we will do our best. I need to know if it a step or sin wave unit. Describe what you are doing with the output, and amps and volts and frequency.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
imported post

Hi guys

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I have just replaced my saddlebag lights with a pair oif new ones, the 6 bulb version.
I ran into the same problem: apparently power was coming from a black box. There was 12V going in but 0V going out. I ended up taking the the thing off and wiring the saddlebag lights to another 12V curcuit.

I have attached a picture of the thing, so does anyone know what the function of this box is?

FYI: I have cut off two of the four wires

Best regards
Brian

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.