Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

do any GL1800 owners know if the Hondaline CD player will play MP3 music from CD's? My car CD player willnot (so I'll buy a new one soon) and before I start to burn MP3 to CD for the Wing I'd like to know if they will work. I reckon I can get about 200 songs at highest MP3 quality on a CD so this would make better use of the CD player and free up my portable MP3 player that I already have hooked up to the Wing.

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
imported post

Save your CD's Norman, it won't work. The Honda CD player only plays normal CD's or copies done from WAV files. You can convert MP3 files to WAV files and then burn them to CD for the Wing, but that sort of defeats the purpose as the small MP3 files become large WAV files and you will only get the usual 20 or so tracks on each CD.

Only CD players with the mp3 logo on them will play MP3 files. Honda are always behind with technology on the Goldwing, they really need to get the car designers in on this as well (and not just the engine people). I'd expect the next Goldwing to have (at least as an option); MP3 player, XM radio, Sat-nav, electrically adjustable windshield and saddle (height and depth adjustable), heated saddle, HSS security for all markets, windshield wiper (shield hardened properly so it won't scratch), cordless helmet headsets.

If I've missed anything feel free to chime in.

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
imported post

What I do is I went and bought one of the FM transmitters from Radio Shack and plugged in a small MP3 player Don't get the cheap one the mid priced one works much better. My Bud on his wing listens to my tunes thru his fm radio( as long as he's with in about 200 ft of me) Way cheaper solution

Neil

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
imported post

Is there a waterproof MP3 player available anywhere? It would be nice to have one that will mount to the handlebars and forget about the rain.

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
imported post

For my mp3 player on the 1200 I just stick it under the left pocket cover that snaps in the FM modulator plugged into the acc (lighter) socket under the right speaker until last week end when I installed a power plug (lighter socket) right inside the left pocket under the cover

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

ccsailor wrote:
What I do is I went and bought one of the FM transmitters from Radio Shack and plugged in a small MP3 player Don't get the cheap one the mid priced one works much better. My Bud on his wing listens to my tunes thru his fm radio( as long as he's with in about 200 ft of me) Way cheaper solution

Neil
I would point out, that these are technically illegal to use in the Uk. I, of course, know of no one who has got one from the US and uses them over here!!!:cooldevil:

Pete

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
imported post

gaswing is right. The Honda CD player is hardly state of the art stuff. Honda could easily have made this unit play MP3 files, I'm curious if the unit is firmware upgradeable?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.