Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
some of you knows which brand of colors use Honda to make its own colors?
I think if you use different brand you achieve different shades of colors.... PPG, Lechler etc etc....
I have a 2016 NHB38 goldwing (matt silver) and I have to paint the spoiler because that color it's out of production.
My coach maker painted it but the silver is different.... I gave him another try.....
I know they have the formula for every colors but expecially the metalizer are very difficult to replicate.

Any suggestion?

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I know them... I'm in italy it's crazy to order a paint in the states.... we have so many color's shops....
And you have the same risk.... if the color is not perfect?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Most Honda mettallics are 3 pack paint and not a "standard" paintcode

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What do you mean? A basecote , the color and the clearcote ? Anyway every painter has a computer with the formula to replicate the color you need, in my case NHB38... they weigh some of this, some of that and the color is made.... but it's not always perfect....

·
Registered
422 Posts
You will find that the dasecoat is mettallic, the colour is transparent(depth/shade of colour depends on number of passes) and then a clear

·
Premium Member
1,851 Posts
You also have to take into account sun fade that occurs over the years on your bike when matching colors, making it hard to get the perfect color match.
gumbyred

1 - 8 of 8 Posts