Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

clouddragon9 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_bsRsQNgEY

Survives a 22 meter drop off a building and runs on used cooking oil?!!???
I had one of those! In 1963! Two other fools and I bought out the whole stock of Honda 50cc's at a sporting goods store in Vancouver, while we were pretending to be students at Clark Community College there! $278 each, and I had to make three payments! Our original plan, which wasn't bad as plans go, was to ship them to Europe and tour on them..... kind of like Bronson's Beatniks! But reality got in the way, and my two friends joined the Peace Corps and I went in the Army.......

But damn, what an idea! And what fun those things were! My younger brother inherited mine, while I went off to Southeast Asia to protect him from the "mailed fist of Communist Aggression!"

That little bike planted the seed, though, because when I got back, I bought a Honda Scrambler 160, and then a year later a 305........ and the rest, as they say, is history!

:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
1,161 Posts
imported post

During my adolescent years I did my best to kill a 90cc model without success and I witnessed ungodly uses and abuses of the Cub during my patriotic responsibilities in Vietnam. Hands down this was one bullet proof piece of engineering.

I would love to have one in the original Creight just for the heck of it ...

·
Premium Member
12,803 Posts
imported post

I had several of the C110 model Honda 50cc . It had the four speed tranny and scrambler ( upswept ) exhaust . Yessir a good many miles and yrs of pleasure with those small bikes . I too would love to still have one of them .

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
imported post

I still have a 68 and a 71 Trail 90. They still get used. They're equipped with Chinese 110cc engines now as the original engines gave up due to neglect.

I don't buy the "runs on used cooking oil" statement.

Q

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
imported post

I had one of the 90cc bikes back in '66 good bike til the engine froze or something happened so it wouldn't even tun over.

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
imported post

Q wrote:
. . . . I don't buy the "runs on used cooking oil" statement. . . . .
Did you watch the video ? The cooking oil went into the crankcase, not the petrol tank. I believe it. They didn't put 50,000 miles on it, or anything.

Never 'rid' one of them meself . . . . . . too much machine for me. :p

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
imported post

Can't do video on my 24K dialup. Doubt it could run for long with used vegie oil in the sump.

There's a new Cub type bike coming to the US this year called a Sym Symba. It's made by the Taiwanese company that manufactured the Cub for Honda for 40 years. Great inexpensive transportation for short hops.

Q

Wingnumberone wrote:
Q wrote:
Did you watch the video ? The cooking oil went into the crankcase, not the petrol tank. I believe it. They didn't put 50,000 miles on it, or anything.

·
Premium Member
1,161 Posts
imported post

Q wrote:
Can't do video on my 24K dialup. Doubt it could run for long with used vegie oil in the sump.

There's a new Cub type bike coming to the US this year called a Sym Symba. It's made by the Taiwanese company that manufactured the Cub for Honda for 40 years. Great inexpensive transportation for short hops.

Q

Wingnumberone wrote:
Q wrote:

Q, please qualify your comment regarding "It's made by the Taiwanese company that manufactured the Cub for Honda for 40 years".

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
imported post

http://thekneeslider.com/archives/2008/12/05/symba-honda-cub-replica-coming-to-usa/

Bikefix wrote:
Q wrote:

Q

Wingnumberone wrote:
Q wrote:

Q, please qualify your comment regarding "It's made by the Taiwanese company that manufactured the Cub for Honda for 40 years".

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
imported post

Q - Check out the video! They actually drain the dino oil, fill it up with used chip oil, and run the bike all over town.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.