Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I just got back from a 4900 mile trip covering 13 states and didn't notice a lot of Honda dealers. I was camping in Cody WY when I struck up a conversation with a gentleman that was from IL riding a Harley.We startedtalking andhe was showing me his atlas as we discussed some of the routes that we had been on. I noticed that his atlas had all the HD dealership locations on it. I thought that was a good idea. HD makes an atlas that has all their dealerships so if you have an issue while on the road you can get to a dealer if needed. I was amazed at how many HD dealers there are across the USA.

Doe's anyone know or have you seen anything like this put out by Honda. Not a bad idea if out on road trips.

·
Pwhoever
3,182 Posts
imported post

I know a lot of people here frown upon the GWRRA but.. They publish a book yearly that is given to members called the Gold Book. Not only does that have a listing of most of the members and services they are willing to provide (tools, trailer, temp accomodations, etc...) but it also provides by state all the Honda dealers across the U.S. and Canada along with an extra section that also identifies "Gold" dealers, those that have gone above and beyond to help Honda owners. Although it isn't in map form, it does list them by state and contact info.

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

Many forum members here are also GWRRA members Mike, and the Gold Book is a great help especially for those in the USA.

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
imported post

The navigation unit on my bike lists all the Honda dealers but I wouldn't have a clue how to extract the data. You can find POI's if you do a google search.

·
Pwhoever
3,182 Posts
imported post

FitzAl wrote:
Many forum members here are also GWRRA members Mike.......

I too ama memberof the GWRRA and have had no issues. I carry my Gold Book with me in my trunk all the time. I was just comenting about what I had seen in previous threads any time the topic of GWRRA came up.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
imported post

the GPS has the dealers on the map. the problem is they are seldom where they are marked on the map and sometimes they are just dealers of off road or generators

·
Administrator
26,539 Posts
imported post

I think my 1800 came with a list of dealers but I would have to dig it out of my trunk to look.
HD has need for a lot of dealers, Honda not so much. :smiler:

·
Honda Guru
2,053 Posts
imported post

Back in the mid-90's American Honda published a booklet that listed all the Honda dealers in the USA. Just about that time the number of dealers started to diminish and republishing all the updated information would have gotten very costly. The booklets information was accurate and up to date but it only lasted a couple of years. I had one but it got wet and wasted… so it wound up in the trash.

A lot of people use the Gold Book and consider it and the magazine 'Wing World' to be worth the price of joining GWRRA. I was a member with GWRRA but it finally got so expensive it priced me out of their market. Plus the politics involved drove me away.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.