Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
25,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

2 weeks ago I ordered an item from them and it had not arrived in what I thought was more than reasonable time so this morning I called them. Turns out the item is on back order. This would not be a problem if they had contacted me to let me know of the situation. I was counting on it to be here for last weekend then for this weekend and had I known I would not be getting it from them I would have tried to get it from another source. Me thinks I won't be ordering from them any more.:p

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Honda Direct Line is slow, but they can supply things that a lot of other places can't and their prices are about as low as they come. I bought a brand new OEM seat for my '93 1500, it took them about seven weeks to come up with it but the cost was only $168.

·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
imported post

I had the same experience, lack of contact, other than that they are inexpensive for good quality parts...

·
Administrator
25,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

I can agree with the good prices but if I didn't want it until 6 weeks later I would have waited 5 weeks to order it and I would like to be informed if it's going to be a while.

·
Premium Member
5,380 Posts
imported post

I got the same treatment from NAPA up here on belts and I had prepaid for the parts. The bike would have still been sitting on the shop floor in pieces if I didn't call them. Ended up getting ones from Mother H.

·
Probationary
4,535 Posts
imported post

I once waitedover 9weeks for carb parts...May to Aug.

Spent my weekends/weeknights working on the house...with tears on the nice days that summer. :crying: The company yanked me a week at a time with a load of good excuses & promises.

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

I betcha one of my customers is upsit with me too. :) I have this one who has not paid me. He called me Monday and said he had an apartment with water leaking out of the ceiling.

So I told him, you know the Piggly Wiggle Store on the Corner of the road by the interstate? Yes he says. Well I told him they have drinking straws for sale at that store, hows about you go buy yourself a box of them and go suck up all that water. :D:D:action::action::action::action::action::cool::cool::cool::cool:Kit.

Hey fellows not trying to overlook your bad luck with shipping, this just popped into my head when I read this. I will tell one of them things like this sometimes. I also have a good one for those salesmen that call me all the time. Kit

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

I have found that if I am going to use them, I will check bikebandit first to see if a part is discountinued..... I have found honda direct will allow me to order a discountinued part which will jack up the shipping fee..... you get the point

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
imported post

If I need an OEM part bad enough, I just call Keith at my local Honda dealer. He let's me know right quick what is available and where it's located.:)

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
imported post

Hi David,

I had exactly the same thing happen to me. I was buying a present for the other half, and allowed 2 months for it to arrive. It came a week after her birthday. I will not be ordering anything else from these people:X

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
imported post

Not a defense for anyone.... but this is going on all over. Suppliers have lowered their inventories to such a level that many things are automatically back ordered. With the world economy the way it is, about no one can afford to stock available items like they could just a year ago. So, I guess we will just have to get used to it for a while. But every supplier should at least have the courtesy to drop an email saying items are out of stock or backordered and when it should be available!

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
imported post

Yup,

That's why I switched from HDL to Bike Bandit.

Bike Bandit's prices are a bit higher on most items, but I find their service, delivery, ording system with automated email notification of order status, etc., are all first rate. Phone contact with their reps is also very good. Knowledgeable guys who know how their system works and know how to work around it if necessary to get you your stuff.

Once I had spent about 45 minutes adding stuff to my shopping cart, and with 10 items already queued up, I couldn't find the last item I needed on their site. I called them on the phone, their rep opened my unsubmitted order (that I was still working on), and added the last item for me manually! I clicked submit and the order was entered. That's good service in my book.

And no, I don't work for them! Hah! I have just bought a lot of stuff from them for my old '87 Aspencade over the past year.

·
Administrator
25,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

This was an aftermarket accessory not an OE part so I called the company that makes it and it was in stock and I should have it monday, I should have called them in the first place but the price was the same and I thought i would give HSL a shot since so many on the forum brag on them. Ain't gonna happen again. For OE patrts I use Honda parts Direct, http://www.hondaparts-direct.com/default.asp . I have ordered a lot of things from them and the service and price is unbeatable.

·
Pwhoever
3,131 Posts
imported post

My understanding with a lot of the internet based parts sales are that they are dropped shipped from the Honda Warehouse and this is why they can sell the parts so much cheaper. They don't have an inventory. I know that Service Honda did that even though they have a retail store. I am pretty sure that Honda Direct Line does the same thing. My personal favorite is Cheap Cycle Parts http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.com/cheapcycleparts/Honda_OEM/HondaMC.asp It is operated by S&S Powersports in Clarksville, Indiana. On their S&S Powersports page, http://www.sspowersportsclarksville.com/pages/parts/viewbybrand/7/Honda.aspx they offer all the same OEM parts but they are priced a lot higher. I have ordered from the Cheap Cycle Parts page several times and have had nothing but great experiences. If you call them, they are more than happy to help you out on your order and will tell you if a part is backordered. No excuses, just great service.

Oops, I guess I wasn't paying attention to the last post as I now see it was an aftermarket accessory. They do have those too but I've only ordered OEM from them.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
imported post

I have been watching this thread and had to jump in. My 88 gl1500 needs a new seat. Why does a replacement seat for my 88 cost double than that for a 93? HDL lists the 88 one for 330 bucks and like one poster up here his cost 168 bucks.
Guess I will be ordering the latest seat that fits my 88.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

The seat for a 1993 lists at $177 with HDL right now, the '88 seat lists for $300+. Why I don't know but I'm 99.99% certain the 93 seat will fit on the '88. The only thing you'd need to know is the color code since there are two or three different colors available over the years. HDL is slow as already said but it's hard to beat that price for a seat.

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
The seat for a 1993 lists at $177 with HDL right now, the '88 seat lists for $300+. Why I don't know but I'm 99.99% certain the 93 seat will fit on the '88. The only thing you'd need to know is the color code since there are two or three different colors available over the years. HDL is slow as already said but it's hard to beat that price for a seat.
FYI, the company that Davogd430lists above, http://www.hondaparts-direct.com/default.asp, has the ,93 seat listed for $173.07. If they give better service and faster shipping than Honda Dirctline, they will be getting my business. HDL's lack of communication and slow shipping has not made me happy in the past either, but the local stealers prices kept me going back to HDL. Good link Davogd430, thanks!

John

·
Administrator
25,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

Jluvs2dive wrote:
exavid wrote:
FYI, the company that Davogd430lists above, http://www.hondaparts-direct.com/default.asp, has the ,93 seat listed for $173.07. If they give better service and faster shipping than Honda Dirctline, they will be getting my business. HDL's lack of communication and slow shipping has not made me happy in the past either, but the local stealers prices kept me going back to HDL. Good link Davogd430, thanks!

John
I thought everyone knew about them already and wondered why no one mentioned them. I replaced almost the whole body of my son's CBR with parts from them along with some other parts for the 1100s and VT500 I had and their prices were all at least 30% below Honda list and the service was excellent. They do not handle accessories however, only OEM parts. The only problem I had was some mis-packaged parts and that was not their fault, they came in original unopened boxes but were the wrong part inside. They sent call tags for them so it didn't cost me a cent to return them and they sent the replacements before they got the other ones back. I think they have Yamaha parts too.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
imported post

Just ordered all my Christmas stuff 12/1/08. Some has already arrived the rest to be here on 12/8 and 12/9 according to the UPS tracking numbers. It only took them one day to get the stuff that was on back order. Oh,:shock: I ordered it all from Wingstuff.com Great place and they keep you well informed. Current 10%discount coupon code is Jingle Bells. I ordered from there cause I wanted the stuff this month not next year.:goofygrin:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.