Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Honda EVO 6

1K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  CaptainMidnight85 
#1 ·
imported post

Honda EVO 6. I havent seen anything posted on this bike and I read about it and thinkabout the features it has that could and should be incorporated into the 1800. I cant wait for the dynos to come out for it and findout what kind of HP it has. I read that it is in production for 2010. I just think it's a pretty cool looking bike.

http://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles/motorcycle-news/honda-evo-6-rendering-ar75474.html

http://www.motorcycle.com/events/2007-tokyo-motor-show-68678.htm

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
imported post

I read it somewhere... but lost track of the post after attempting a further search, that the intake (or major portion of) is constructedprimarily of a composite material.

Attachments

#4 ·
imported post

That bike's a StreetFighter.... I don't know what Honda has in store for marketing it, but I know what I'm seeing.... That's the trend. I eluded to that trend on the Buell thread. Aside from any planned future morphing of the twenty and thirty something crowd to the GL platform because it, every noob on a used sport wants that look and few are offering it to that extreme new. The V-Max comes close (which I like better).

Just opinion..... just IMHO.:)

#5 ·
imported post

I like the concept but I would like it better if it leaned a bit more toward the standard look. A more substantial seating area and a less crazy looking headlight would be more appealing to me.

On edit-I would also prefer the pegs to be a bit more forward and a bit lower.

#7 ·
imported post

I think its Honda's answer back to yamaha's V Max. Which puts out alot of ponies about 190. I think it would be a blast to ride. I cant wait to see what kind of horsepower it produces.

#8 ·
imported post

METAL, just fora visual comparison, here is the Ducati Streetfighter. Similarities?

Edit: More of a rawness, less refinement in the looks department compared to the EVO, but with the same basic linesIMO. Between this and the Honda, I'm going for the Honda. Between the Honda and the Yamaha, the V-Max wins.

Attachments

#9 ·
imported post

... all 3 ...

Attachments

#10 ·
imported post

CaptainMidnight85 wrote:
METAL, just fora visual comparison, here is the Ducati Streetfighter. Similarities?

Edit: More of a rawness, less refinement in the looks department compared to the EVO, but with the same basic linesIMO. Between this and the Honda, I'm going for the Honda. Between the Honda and the Yamaha, the V-Max wins.
I agree that there are similarities in the basic lines of he bikes. I really like the clean look of EVO. I think the V-Max looks like a cluttered mess in comparison.

#11 ·
imported post

While that may be true, theYamaha and the Ducati are in production. The Honda EVO6 is not. Let's hope Honda keeps it clean once it gets into production... as there will likely be alterations.

#12 ·
imported post

one word.................WOOHOO !!!!!!!!!!:action:

#14 ·
imported post

Both of these EVO6 pictures are concept renderings... Here is another:

Attachments

#15 ·
imported post

I'd like to know if the intake is composite... I cannot find what I found weeks ago on it.

Attachments

#16 ·
imported post

Plastic intakes are nothing new. I've got one on an '01 PT Cruiser. :)

You have to remove the damn thing to change the plugs. :gunhead:

#17 ·
imported post

Agreed they are nothing new to automobiles.

Motorcycles, however, have never used thermoplastics for any part between the cylinder head and carburetor/FI unit (intake, intake plenum, intake runners, etc.) that I am aware of. Do you know of any motorcycle that has? I'm researching it and can find no manufacturer examples.

This would bea firstif on the EVO6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.