Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
imported post

It is a standard with tje Vetter fairing and bags. The false tank looks like an Interstate replacement.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
imported post

If you look at the steering stem there should be a plate rivetted on.

GL110 = standard
GL1100I = Interstate
GL1100A = Aspencade

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Well i think i found out why it was leaking i went to take off the head cylinder and the nuts were finger lose duh why didn't I check that be for! So does any one know how many foot pounds i should tighten the bolts?Ive benen looking in the repair manual but cant seem to find it?

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

head bolts torque to 55Nm or 40 foot pounds . thats with a dab of moly grease under the washer . between the head and washer . also it may not seal if a new gasket is not put on . give it a try first--you could get lucky---

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

drking wrote:
if it's a standard it has interstate fairing, no it is not a standard
:waving:It is a GL1100 Standard! If you notice where the horns arelocatedand also look at the side of the radiator. Only the Standard had the horns located where they are in the pics and also only the Standard had the fins on each side of the radiator. Also it is not a Hondaline fairing but a Vetter. The shelter (false tank) was replaced with one from an Interstate.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
imported post

If that's the stock tank shelter, the pinstriping tells me it a interstate. Standards had a honda badge on tank shelter and pin striping was differant on a standard. The intersate bags and fairing are missing, but the rad side vents indicate a standard. It could be a hodge podge of bikes.

·
2,486 Posts
imported post

I've never seen a set of engine guards like those.

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

Scooter 7 wrote:
I've never seen a set of engine guards like those.
:waving:The engine guards (crash bars)apparently areaftermarket and not genuine Honda parts.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.