·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
They had more than 1 color GL1500 in 2000. But patience and ebay is your best bet.

They may be available from Honda as well. I would bet it depends on whether or not the color was used in more than 1 year. The color of my bike was only used on the '97 SE model, for instance.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
honda dealer will have these, or get them soon if you order.

By the way you should not register a username with your email address, it will be seen by spammers. Ask a moderator to edit the @gmail.com out of your user name to be on a safe side.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts

·
Senior Moment Member
3,707 Posts
Hello guys,

Nice group, so basically here is my question, my father in law has a GL 1500 year 2000, and we are looking for some pieces that are missing in his Honda.

I'm not sure what is the right name for the piece or where can I find it, I'm attaching a photo of the piece

I found this, but I'm looking for the original
http://wingstuff.com/products/3280-...?context=gold_wing_gl1500-fairing_accessories

The picture you included is of an 1800, not a 1500. The piece on an 1800 is a single piece that snaps in place. Do you have a picture of the 1500 without the piece and we may be able to help you identify where to get the part.

If it is similar to the piece you show in the picture then Newday777 has linked to a drawing with all of the pieces including #11 that is what performs the same function.

Henry

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The picture you included is of an 1800, not a 1500. The piece on an 1800 is a single piece that snaps in place. Do you have a picture of the 1500 without the piece and we may be able to help you identify where to get the part.

If it is similar to the piece you show in the picture then Newday777 has linked to a drawing with all of the pieces including #11 that is what performs the same function.

Henry

Henry

Ok sorry for the confusion, I have attached the pics of our Honda.... Please take a look on those

Thaks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
Those parts can be bought colour matched from a Honda dealer or online. Or you can buy aftermarket chromed ones a bit cheaper from Cyclemax and others.

FYI. Werner is right about not using email addresses as usernames. You should really ask one of the admins wexy or wingnut to change it for you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Those parts can be bought colour matched from a Honda dealer or online. Or you can buy aftermarket chromed ones a bit cheaper from Cyclemax and others.

FYI. Werner is right about not using email addresses as usernames. You should really ask one of the admins wexy or wingnut to change it for you.

I tried to change my username but I couldn't....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You have to ask an admin or moderator to do it for you, as Andy and I explain. Send a PM to one of them.
Sure I will ask him....

Regarding the honda parts, I'm not from USA... so, that's why I'm trying to find that piece online :sadguy:

I'll appreciate If someone can give me a good website to find them, or provide me the right name to search on internet... I'm looking that piece as "fairing" but I'm not sure if that is the right name.....

Thanks

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Ok sorry for the confusion, I have attached the pics of our Honda.... Please take a look on those

Thaks
The pictures help a lot. Yes there is two pieces per side on the 2000 1500SE.(all 1500 use the same part, just the colors are different with some years)
Stock Honda in fiche above, get on line or at local Honda Stealer
the lower pieces are#15 or #19
the upper pieces are #7 or #11

Or get chrome pieces from Cyclemax, Wingstuff and others. Try Google search of chrome fairing molding gl1500.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The pictures help a lot. Yes there is two pieces per side on the 2000 1500SE.(all 1500 use the same part, just the colors are different with some years)
Stock Honda in fiche above, get on line or at local Honda Stealer
the lower pieces are#15 or #19
the upper pieces are #7 or #11

Or get chrome pieces from Cyclemax, Wingstuff and others. Try Google search of chrome fairing molding gl1500.

Thanks guys for your help, I'll buy the pieces I need....

·
Senior Moment Member
3,707 Posts
By the way, Welcome to what most of us consider the best motorcycle forum on the internet. Stick around and help contribute to the knowledge to make it even better.

Most of us have more than just Goldwings in our garages/sheds/yards. While we might rib the Harley owners we still like them and will help them if they need it.

We all love pictures of our bikes and the adventures we take them on. So when you get a chance post some.

Henry

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.