Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Should Honda eliminate the "OD" light on the 1800?

• Yes- it's distracting/irritating

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You think I have too much time on my hands :)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Now having "borrowed" a GL1800 (ok, for a price) for NASSIR2, I have some idea what I have been missing. I liked it....I liked it alot! :D

But...does anyone else find the "OD" light, indicating that you are in 5th (top) gear, a major distraction at night, and an unneeded or unwanted feature, regardless?

·
Premium Member
1,624 Posts
imported post

I have found that when I first got my 1800 I would try to shift to the missing 6th gear. The OD light will probably save my shifter forks in the long run. Light comes on and there is no more, just throttle and the wind. Tony:waving:

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

Ok....SOMEONE has been messin' with my scientifically valuable poll! :D I wonder who THAT could be?????:baffled:

I KNOW when I'm outnumbered, and I concede the point to the overwhelming majority, ok? :shock:

But Ciaran, should I ever buy a 1500 or 1800 (I'm bound to, as soon as they qualify as true antiques/retro-bikes), you must promise to help me cut the right wire...:headbanger:

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

I would Pete ,if I could find that wire to your brain that makes you think of these things:cheeky1:

·
Administrator
25,535 Posts
imported post

I never even noticed it until someone mentioned it but it does not bother me at all. I don't even see it unless I look down at it.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

wexy wrote:
I would Pete ,if I could find that wire to your brain that makes you think of these things:cheeky1:
Well...that's what I'm saying, Ciaran...when defusing a bomb, you wanna be careful to clip the CORRECT wire, the first time! :D

Oh, alright, you guys...yeah, I have my peccadilloes...not to be confused with armadillos! :shock:

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
imported post

There's an 'OD" light on the 'Wing ??????

Never really noticed it for more than about 1 second.... got my eyes lookin' elsewhere!!!

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

I'm just a "fuss budget" I guess? :smiler:

I like a "dark cockpit" in my fighter jet, when I'm travelling by stealth, at night? :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

I give up; you guys are right- it's perfect, just the way it is....now where did I leave those wire cutters? :tongue:

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

Put a piece of tape over it . :waving: I guess all vehicles have to have some kind of idiot lights.

I have never seen the need for it, or a gear position indicator either. One can tell what gear one is in by the sound of the engine and the rpm.

The Wing has lots of nice things, some I use, some not. Just like the radio, I turn it on once in awhile to make sure it still works. Never did figure out why people need a radio on a motorcycle. The sound of the engine, the ride, the smell of cut grass going through a small town, and paying attention has always been more important to me than listening to the tunes and doing the jitter bug on the seat. . ;) Kit

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Kit Carson wrote:
Put a piece of tape over it .  :waving:  
Over-thinking it, am I? :ssshh::cheesygrin::bow:

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Kit Carson wrote:
...(n)ever did figure out why people need a radio on a motorcycle.  The sound of the engine, the ride, the smell of cut grass going through a small town..... .  ;)  Kit
If you're smelling grass on the radio, Kit, then you have the "Cheech and Chong" edition of the GL? :cool:

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

Motorcycle Pete wrote:
Kit Carson wrote:
...(n)ever did figure out why people need a radio on a motorcycle. The sound of the engine, the ride, the smell of cut grass going through a small town..... . ;) Kit
If you're smelling grass on the radio, Kit, then you have the "Cheech and Chong" edition of the GL? :cool:
Might be, does make me a bit light headed at times. :clapper::clapper::cheeky1::cheeky1: Kit

·
Banned
1,234 Posts
imported post

Kit Carson wrote:
listening to the tunes and doing the jitter bug on the seat. .  ;)  Kit
:? Whats wrong with doing the Jitter Bug. I do agree there are times that the radio could be distracting. I took mine off and for the most part enjoy the silence. I normally wear ear plugs anyways. Don't get me wrong sometimes I do miss the radio

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
imported post

Motorcycle Pete wrote:
wexy wrote:
Well...that's what I'm saying, Ciaran...when defusing a bomb, you wanna be careful to clip the CORRECT wire, the first time! :D

Oh, alright, you guys...yeah, I have my peccadilloes...not to be confused with armadillos! :shock:
Come on Pete, it's always the red wire, don't you watch any movies? Every single time it's the red wiiiire.................................Uh,,,,,, unless it's the blue one. hmmmmmmmm.

And as I tell people at the service center I work at when they ask " Is there a cheap way to turn off the check engine soon light? I hand them a piece of electrical tape and say "Here you go, And if you want us to install it it's a minimum 1/2 hr labour.":cheesygrin::cheesygrin::cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

If you look at the person who started this thread you will see it was Motorcycle Pete and he has since passed on ,RIP , and still very much missed on these forums :(:(.. So no point in asking him totake the bulb out , Ciaran

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.