Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I was trying to buy a Honda Goldwing GL1200 Radio Service Manualon Ebay. It started out at$22. I needed one so I bid on it a couple times. When I seen the price had gotten up to $55, I decided I REALLY needed it and bid up to $57. I went off to watch my ball game on TV. I knew that my bid was safe with only a little time left on it. Would you believe that it was not a winning bid? This manual is a photocopy at that. It went for $113.73, I guess my radio will remain broken for a while.

Marty :12ltd: :cool:

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

And if you look back at completed auctions for the seller, this is the second one he sold for over $100. Kinda unethical to buy a copyrighted service manual and sell photocopies of it. Geeeez, but that's free enterprise..

Raymond

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

I wish someone could find it.. cause I tried on that site several days ago.. and they dont have that model number in the online database...

:12ltd:

Marty :cool:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Long Hair wrote:
I wish someone could find it.. cause I tried on that site several days ago.. and they dont have that model number in the online database...
How about trying low tech... There's a tech service telephone number on their site.

:waving::15red::waving:

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
imported post

Go to: [email protected]. They have the manual for $9USD.And Panasonic NA have a Parts List and prices for the parts.I have a problem with my radio too: the left hand side control is broken.The one for power,volume and tape/radio selector.The problem is that on the radio,the parts do not have numbers and from the parts list I do not know what to order (they have only part number and price,for example:VRT45Jswitch $22.95)On top of that,being from South Africa,Panasonic NA do not want to take my order.They said I must have a USA mail address.I tryied few days back to buy shocks (they have a DYS Kit)from Bike Bandit.com.The same answer.They sell internationaly,but not to SA.I have Master Card,I am member of GWRRA,Classic Wing Club,but they do not give a s---. I bought my bike from The States,through Ebay,paid for it,every body was happy but when I nid help with parts I am lost !Sorry for my sad story but I had to let it off my cest !!! I mentioned to them that I will let the motorcycle brotherhood know about it.At National Parts Center,I found someone ( Lori-if you E-mail them) who said I can get the book and it will cost extra $15 USD the post.Fair enough.But how I will convince the other lot to sell me the parts only God Knows !

Best Regards,

Lucian

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
imported post

In this world, money talks andB__LL___t walks.. I found that out years ago just trying to make a living... :action:

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
imported post

Well done Neil :clapper:, this is what the forum is all about....

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
imported post

Neil.. If I pay the postage, will you ship me a CD also???

Renegade:)

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

Silicon Sam wrote:
The same guy has another one up for sale on ebay...

Anyone got $9.45 to see if this is the right manual? Maybe you can buy them and sell them on ebay for $100 too...

http://www.partstore.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductSKU=4389541&s=froogle

Raymond

That is indeed the right one Raymond, RM1100 is in fact the model number of the radio for the GL1200 for 1986-87. Anyone frequenting other Goldwing forums might pass the word around about this.

·
Senior Guru
2,234 Posts
imported post

Guys, be aware that shipping from Canada is not as cheap as shipping from the U.S. so try not to run Neil broke by expecting him to send all these CD's for free and don't forget that it costs Neilfor the CD and thatit takes time for Neilto copy the CD.

Vic

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
imported post

Nice one Neil, very well done. But Vic is right about costs. Would it be possible to copy the CD's contents and store them on a server somewhere? That way anyone who wanted it could access it. I could get this done in work and that way none of the people here would be breaching copyright by hosting the files.

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
imported post

I'd rather not Jason as I can't control who or how many are copying it. I don't think the copy gurus are going to get to bent out of shape if I send a few guys a copy but posting it "open" is just asking for trouble in my opinion. I have already received a suspicious email from South Africa on this

Neil

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
imported post

Neil,when you say " suspicious mail from South Africa " I think you are refering to me !?

If yes,please note that you offered to help me,you replied to the message post by me on 09 Apr.2005.

Yes,I am a member since March,I have an address and a name to...

And yes,I bought my bike from the States through eBay,my name is "dog_atas"

You can find out there about me too.

But if I sound suspicious to you ( and to other members of the forum ) thank you very much,I do not want your help.

Lucian

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.