Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

lucian wrote:
Neil,when you say " suspicious mail from South Africa " I think you are refering to me !?

If yes,please note that you offered to help me,you replied to the message post by me on 09 Apr.2005.

Yes,I am a member since March,I have an address and a name to...

And yes,I bought my bike from the States through eBay,my name is "dog_atas"

You can find out there about me too.

But if I sound suspicious to you ( and to other members of the forum ) thank you very much,I do not want your help.

Lucian
No you don't sound suspicious to me Lucian. It's probably just a misunderstanding, we get a lot of scams from various African countries around here.

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
imported post

Thank you Paul.It makes me feel better.You re right,a lots of scams from Africa.I am not proud of being here and things go down day after day.

Keep well and the tyres on the road !

Lucian

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
imported post

II sent you a private email Just being careful as they said a lot of scams come this way via Africa

Check outmy bikesprevious owners handywork

Neil

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
imported post

Well just to let you know its been a month since this thread and Imailed out NINE cd's full of info on the Clarion/panasonic type IIIradios.

I have recieved back EXACTLY one reply saying they received it.

Oh yeh and another one saying they had not. Thanks for the feed back guys

??????????????????????
Sorry just recieved an email from South Africa He received his so I assume the rest got theirs JUst don't know if I wasted postage or not

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
imported post

I received my manual from Mr1200 as promised.. Good service... :smiler:

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
imported post

Hi all
I'm a new member from the UK and have had my 1982 GL1100 interstate for about 6 months the problem I have is with the radio(I think it's a type II Clarion). The volume is full on and I cannot turn it down, either with the volume control on the radio or with the switch on the handlebars. Where is the antenna?. can you please help

Phil.

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
imported post

Your Wing is an early model, and the antenna was usually mounted in the back along side of the rear carry case... If you have a bare bones bike with no rear bags, the antenna was mounted along side the front fairing on the right. If you have no antenna,,,and you do have a radio, (I don't know how that can happen), look for a hole in the fairing that has been plugged, or a bracket mount on the frame that is now empty...

It's difficult to picture where the antenna could have been mounted now, but keep serching for the "missing link". You can also look into the fairing pockets for the antenna lead.. Especially from the back of the radio and follow it to it's end.. that will give you a good ideal of where the antenna was mounted.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
imported post

Cheers for your reply.
I have found the antenna conection for the radio.
It was my fault as I removed the cb antenna not thinking that all I had to do was disconnect one and plug in the other. Still have a problem with the volume control though.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
imported post

Hi: anyone tell me how i can manually set my RM1100 radio to tune in my local stations? i havn't used one of these radios in at least 20yrs.

thanks, Doug

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
imported post

Somewhere during my searching for 1200 manuals, I found a site that had a plethora of information.
I have 1200 radio manual if you would like. You will have to print it though.
PM me

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
imported post

You might be able to downlaod a manual on the web.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.