Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

here are a few pics of my 86 goldie. i hope everyone has some honest feedback for me. she has won a few shows here in the islands and im planning on a trike kit soon too. any and all comments are welcomed and appreciated. a lot of time has been put into her and it pains me to do the conversion butmy knees are not as tough as they used to be so i need to distribute the weight on a trike kit. i have a few ideas for the conversion. however i could use all the help i can get.

i hope youguys "kane" andgals "wahine" like her as much as i do. much aloha, DAFLY

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

Man I want some of those whitewall tires to fit my 1100.....cool looking Wing....

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

ALOHA BARON! thanks for the reply my friend. these tires came from canada a while back. cost a bit to ship them here as we are in the middle of the big blue pond we call the PACIFIC OCEAN. back when the project was done... no one here or in the states had what the project called for. so the rims were selected and chromed out and the tires shipped in from canada. these tires have only touched pavement 4 times inTEN years. she even still has the little nubs that are on new tires before you run them. BUT.....thats all about to change soon. im looking to do a trike kit on her.

catch ya laters, DAFLY

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
imported post

Cool bike, please keep the theme when you trike her. Maybe I'll take a few days off and fly out to help you one of these days....

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

aloha kimswang! you would be welcomed with open arms here in hawaii. we call it...ALOHA SPIRIT! i do plan on keeping the theme when i trike her...but im still considering rear end gearing and style. most likely i will go with a arms and new shocks like...maybe a nissan 280z rear end with an offset input shaft.

ive got to look at thetrike posts and see what i can learn there. i was very happy when i found this forum!THANKS for the great reply.

catch ya latas, DAFLY

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Beautiful bike, except for the tassels. Can't stand them myself but to each their own. My 86 Aspy came with some leather grip and lever tassels and that was the first thing to come off. Other than that your bike is very very nice. Almost too pretty to ride. :cheesygrin:

John

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
imported post

"these tires have only touched pavement 4 times in TEN years. "

You've only ridden this bike 4 times in 10 years?! Is that even legal for a Goldwing? :)

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
imported post

Sharp looking bike! I'll bet the wahines are lined up for a ride!:thumbsup:

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

chiefcherokee wrote:
"these tires have only touched pavement 4 times in TEN years. "

You've only ridden this bike 4 times in 10 years?! Is that even legal for a Goldwing? :)
I missed that part. So I guess he thinks it IS too pretty to ride. :D

John

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

Nice hobby, I guess... and nice bike... but what is the point if you don't ride it???

·
Premium Member
1,317 Posts
imported post

Consider a sidecar. It would be a shame to chop up such a beautiful bike.

·
Official "Cheeky Plonker"
1,211 Posts
imported post

More than a little gawdy for me bro' but "each to his own" still, that said, it would look a lot better on the road than on a trailer, does it actually run?

There's an awesome technical forum on this site that is standing by to help you, if it doesn't! :)

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,169 Posts
imported post

A lot of love went into that bike.

I would also consider a sidecar instead of triking it.

That way, you get to have your cake and eat it too.

That bike is too beautiful to chop up into a trike.

ah guys, he only said "the tires" had been on the ground 4 times. He also said he has a set of extra wheels just for those tires.

Ergo, the tires are for competition shows, and the stock wheels for riding.

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

purrrrrrrrrrrdy

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.