Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I'm working with a member who has an Ultraglide and just got a GL1800.

He has the Harley helmets and headsets and wants to be able to use them on his 1800 interchangeably.

For you guys who go both ways, what is the best way for him to accomplish this preferably without having to gut everything and start over.

I don't know who makes the Harley headsets for them.
Thanks

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

I'd imagine it depends on whothe manufacturer of the headset is and whether or not they have a 2 piece cord leading to the head set. :?

[align=left]For example; If the manufacturer is J&M and it's notone of their800 seriesproducts, (with a one piece cord) then it should be as simple as just buying a new lower cord for the new bike and plugging it into the upper cord that attaches to the headset. [/align]

[align=left][/align]

[align=left]At least, that's my understanding. :?[/align]

[align=left][/align]

[align=left][/align]

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Dusty Boots wrote:
I'd imagine it depends on who the manufacturer of the headset is and whether or not they have a 2 piece cord leading to the head set. :?

[align=left]For example; If the manufacturer is J&M and it's not one of their 800 series products, with a one piece cord, then it should be as simple as just buying a new lower cord  for the new bike and plugging it into the upper cord that attaches to the headset. [/align]
Ya, been there already. He says it's a one piece cord and that it plugs into the bike with a 7 pin connector.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Then you may want to give Ed, over at EdSets a call. He may be able to help them out.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks Ken, I'll do that next week.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
imported post

Thanks for looking into it for me Rudy and Dusty Boots , Maybe someone will have a cure for the problem.If not I guess we will have another set of headsets and helmets for the Honda. But there are alot worst problems I could have so I still feel very lucky.Ya"ll have agood day and week.
Thanks,Randall

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

I'm not sure, but isn't the Harley a condenser style(powered) mic?? The honda is not, so it may not be just wiring...

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

sandiegobrass wrote:
I'm not sure, but isn't the Harley a condenser style(powered) mic?? The honda is not, so it may not be just wiring...
The J&M headsets will work with either the Goldwing or the Harley systems with just a lower cord change, so I don't think that's an issue. If you could find one or make one, a 7-pin to 5-pin adapter should work fine.

John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.