Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

O.K, I currently ride a '78 Goldwing, and am shopping around for something else, all the Jap Cruisers are kewl! Can't make up my mind between Honda Shadow Sabre 1100 or a VTX 1300 or a Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Classic, or Vulcan 1500 Classic or Suzuki Intruder 1400, 1500, 1600 or a Yamaha V - Star 1100 Silverado. I spose I'll buy whatever I can find the best deal on, from about 1999 to 2004, as I like them all. Anyone have any experiences with any of these, good or bad? Thanks. .lonerider.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

lonerider wrote:
I'll buy whatever I can find the best deal on, from about 1999 to 2004.
Hey lonerider :waving:

I willmake up your mind for you,and i wont mention any of the bikes you mentioned in your post. :whip:

Buy yourself an :18red:wing and i guarantee that you wont have any trouble making up your mind after this:weightlifter:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

tHE sAKI WILL BE YOUR TOE CURLER, THE hONDA YOUR RIDE FOREVER AND THE sUKI WILL BE AN ALSO RAN. aND THE YAMMER HAMMER SHOULD STAY IN THE DIRT!

pERSONALLY, I WOULD STAY ON A WING, SECOND PUPPYHOOD?

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
imported post

A mate of mine has an imported honda sabre and he loves it. Personally I have always been a bit of a fan of the Yamaha V MAXX. Bit older than what you're thinkung but cool all the same.

Andrew

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Andrewl wrote:
Personally I have always been a bit of a fan of the Yamaha V MAXX.
Hey Andrewl :waving: Im sorry that name is not allowed on this forum. :whip:

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Hey Bro,

You might want to move up to a 1500 wing, that will give you the least problems!

The shadow won't be enough Bike for ya!

The Suzi 1500 has a "Catchy Clutch" that like to lurch, not good, but other than that it's not a bad bike, Gas tank is under the seat also, like your Wing!

The "V-Star", you have to take off the Exhaust pipe each time you change the oil!

The 1300 VTX like the 1800 is a great bike, lots of HP and Torque for VEE-Twins!but you have to adjust the Valves every 8000 miles and it has to be done right or you can have problems! And if you don't do it , it cost around $265, ouch!

The Kaw 1500 and 1600 FI models are pretty reliable bikes, with self adjusting valves!

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Silly question on this forum anyway! We are wingmen!

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
imported post

goldwinger wrote:
Still no 1100s or 1200s I think it's time for a lawsuit.
Hey goldwinger :waving: Contact Budegan by PM and tell him to get his act together or i will be calling for another investigation. :whip:

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Bikes

;9758 said:
goldwinger wrote:
hey goldwinger :waving: Contact budegan by pm and tell him to get his act together or i will be calling for another investigation. :whip:

i like the honda 1500 best of all bikes but the kawasaki nomad 1500 aqnd 1600 are very good i hsve several wings and a nomad i love the nomad as much as the wings depends on your riding

·
Premium Member
1,354 Posts
I've always viewed the V-Max as the ultimate stoplight bandit of its day...and they're not slow by today's standards either. On the negative side I've often read of the dismal gas mileage they get...but would that be from riding style mostly...or is it the unfortunate nature of the model?

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
I know this is over 9 years old. I wish he would have posted what he bought. I have owned some of what he asked about.
2002 Shadow 1100 Sabre

2004 VTX 1300 R

2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Nomad
By far the Nomad was the best.

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,757 Posts
I'm sorry, but I have to agree with Exavid's 9 year old post. It was an inappropriate question for this forum then, and still is.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
I owned a 86 Suzuki Cavalcade, WORST bike i ever owned! It literately fell apart on me. From now on I will stick to Goldwings. My 84 Goldwing is 30 years old, and looks and runs great

·
Premium Member
1,354 Posts
I'm sorry, but I have to agree with Exavid's 9 year old post. It was an inappropriate question for this forum then, and still is.
Is the "General Motorcycle Discussion Forum" to be translated "General Goldwing Discussion Forum"? If so, it seems like it would say that.

If a member has a question about non-'Wings and would like to have the feedback of his fellow riders (who likely have ridden countless other kinds of non-'Wing bikes), then I don't see why such a question should engender criticism.

·
Friend of Bill W.
1,930 Posts
Is the "General Motorcycle Discussion Forum" to be translated "General Goldwing Discussion Forum"? If so, it seems like it would say that.

If a member has a question about non-'Wings and would like to have the feedback of his fellow riders (who likely have ridden countless other kinds of non-'Wing bikes), then I don't see why such a question should engender criticism.
I agree with you about non Wing questions, but there should be a rule on 9 year old threads about other brands need to stay 9 year old threads.

(bump) :sadguy:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.