Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I, like the rest of you are rather upset that Moly 60 isn't available anymore. In doing some digging last night, I found TC-70 Moly paste. At least a substitute. I've learned the expensive way that it's a must for the older Wings. I was at least lucky to have enough to pack mine. In doing so, it occurred to me, can straight molybdenum sulfide be bought? Well, lo and behold, it CAN be! One ounce can be had on ebay, for $10, a pound can be had from an outfit called Rose Mill.
Granted, it's in powder form, but who's to stop us from adding it to Locktite Moly paste? That happens to be 50% moly to begin with. Add Moly powder to bring the levels up to 60 (or more)

I haven't tried it yet, but I'm going to. Even the tough nut can be cracked, if you study on it long enough.

·
Administrator
26,938 Posts
Have you tried a Honda car dealer for the moly paste?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I used to put a coat of the Honda Moly 60 paste on the speedometor cable also. Never had the speedometor needle bounce, or had to replace a cable after that. I think I stilll have some sitting around.
gumbyredd

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Someone post the part number for moly 60 and ill let y'all know if its available at car dealers

Sent from my LM-X420 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
26,938 Posts
Someone post the part number for moly 60 and ill let y'all know if its available at car dealers

Sent from my LM-X420 using Tapatalk
08798-9010 Yes it is.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
I been using John Deere corn header grease,it has moly I think but it’s still there when I remove the tire for replacement,one thing you should do every time you have the tire serviced is replace the o rings in the wheel assembly,it’s the insurance policy to keep the lubricant where its supposed to be.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,722 Posts
I just HAD TO look that one up :)

John Deere Corn Head Grease - Part # AN102562 Polyurea thickened grease that is a superior corn head lubricant. Great problem solving grease for gear boxes with leaky seals Excellent performance at extremely high and low temperatures Resists corrosion and oxidation in wet operating conditions

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
LOL,John,I hung out in John Deere for a while and still had to look it up

·
Registered
868 Posts
To get the breakdown just lookup the SDS (MSDS) for the product.
Like for the M77 it is anywhere from 55% to 75% by weight.

·
Registered
868 Posts
No moly in the John Deere product. That makes sense as moly around food products is a no no.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
I’ve gone through 2 rear tires and it looks good in the splines,must be ok.

Reactions: DaveO430

·
Administrator
26,938 Posts
Reactions: Pure Texas
1 - 14 of 14 Posts