Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1980 1100. With the small tube of Honda Molly 77, how much is everyone putting on the drive splines ?
I just basically painted some on each spline/valley with a thin even coat; no gobs, etc., just a thin coat.
Think its enough ? From what I've read it should be but don't want to take chances with this unit.
I'm used to smearing (other) splines but thats with grease vs Moly 77.

·
Administrator
26,149 Posts
That's right, just a coating.

Reactions: limpy45

·
Premium Member
1,851 Posts
How did the splines look last time you checked them? I have looked at splines with 100,000 miles since last serviced, and a light coating of the old Honda Moly 60 was still doing the job. on my last 1500 Gold Wing.
gumbyred

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How did the splines look last time you checked them? I have looked at splines with 100,000 miles since last serviced, and a light coating of the old Honda Moly 60 was still doing the job. on my last 1500 Gold Wing.
gumbyred
First time I've done these splines; just got the bike this past summer. But they looked very good, though covered in grease vs. moly. Nice and square.
A little heavier wear on the load side of the splines but I would think that is to be expected.

100k miles between service !?! Amazing ! Plan on doing these every rear tire change.

·
Official "Cheeky Plonker"
1,204 Posts
Whatever it doesn't need it will throw right off. All over the right side of the wheel rim the first time you ride it, just be ready for that with a rag and some good degreaser.

Reactions: limpy45
1 - 6 of 6 Posts