Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a post about an unavailable part for the GL1100 swing arm. All of the exploded parts diagrams show this part... but for some reason my bike didn't have this part when I dismantled it.

If interested in helping, please consider the attached diagram:

I need to understand exactly 'what' this part is? Is it a felt seal used to prevent the Moly Lube from escaping into the swing arm cavity? Or is it a rubber part? Or is it a typical steel and rubber type seal.

Is this part critical?

Can it be fabricated from something else?

Any of you 1100 guys out there have any insight or commentary on this? (Dave0430?)

Thanks for any help.

T

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
Oil seal = rubber...

·
Administrator
25,595 Posts
Yes it is a seal to do what you described + keep dirt, debris and water out of the joint. Probably not terribly critical. If you can locate another seal with those dimensions (43x52x7) it should work fine,

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes it is a seal to do what you described + keep dirt, debris and water out of the joint. Probably not terribly critical. If you can locate another seal with those dimensions (43x52x7) it should work fine,
So is this part rubber... for sure...

T

·
Administrator
25,595 Posts
Yes, it is a regular radial seal. I have struck out looking for a seal in that size, even with different thicknesses which wouldn't matter.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just Google that part number. Says it was discontinued, but is superseded by 91262-463-005.
gumbyred
Now... dat's what I'm talkin' 'bout! Dat's why I love you guyz!

T

·
Administrator
25,595 Posts
Just Google that part number. Says it was discontinued, but is superseded by 91262-463-005.
gumbyred
Which is also discontinued.

Reactions: tire joe and Apatz

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
Looks like a German,and French supplier have this part listed for sale also. Can`t read German or French, so don`t know if they are out also or not.
gumbyred

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lots of folks say they have these for sale... until you place the order. Then they email you back saying they are discontinued.

T

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.