Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi all-

I have a leaky fuel pump on my '86 wing, so after some reading I decided to go the route of get the '85 Prelude fuel pump for replacement.

I'm not 100% sure on the wiring though.

The wiring from the bike is one wire black, the other is green...I think the black is positive and the green is negative.

On the Prelude fuel pump, one wire is black, the other one is black w/ a yellow stripe...I think the black is negative and the black/yellow is positive

Can anyone help out on this one?

thanks
Jeff

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
imported post

You're thinking correct. Black wires on Honda cages are ground wires. Just be sure you're using pump from carburated engine. Injection engines have approx ten times higher fuel pressure.:shock:

Good luck!

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
imported post

If your bike is carbed, pretty much ANY electric fuel pump you can find room for, designed for carbed engines, will work fine. Fuel injected engines are a whole nother thing. Not only is the pressure a LOT higher, but has to be a lot more precise than that for carbs.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

I need to replace the leaky fuel pump...this is alot cheaper...it is almost the same size...I just need to make sure I get the wiring right

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.